• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I can't get over him saying you're a ***** for carrying.

"Yeah baby dawl, that feller there's just a poosy. What would folks need a gun fer? Buncha fellers bust in to our house with guns I'll just give 'em a good whallop like in this self defense trainin' vidya I seen called Roadhouse."

I carry at work and sometimes get similar remarks from the rabble. Usually goes something like this:

Them: Really? Is that a gun?
    Me: Yep.
    Them: (pretentiously) Why do you carry a gun?
    Me: ...Why don't you carry a gun?
    :popcorn:
    Still waiting for a good answer to that one.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was so ready for one of them to come up and talk to me, I guess I live in one area of the state where the police understand gun law.
    +1 Johnson county

Put up a sign in your front yard like this one:

mail.jpg

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    No disrespect to the OP, but I think -1 Johnson county would be in order. If they had THAT many cops drive by, out of the ordinary? Did someone call your OC in (the caller being foolish and ignorant of Indiana's laws)?

I had a friend that thought I was a wuss b/c I carried until at a bar one night I put a cigarette out in my arm. That shut him up for a while... :D That was in my more foolish days... :( But needless to say, he has a completely different viewpoint of me now and is a valued friend. He wants me to teach him to shoot, so double good!

I might have said for you to ask your neighbor to go shooting sometime, but given her "extracurricular" activities, it would be wasted time to even ask... I absolutely hate when folks think that we carry due to having a member the size of a Christmas tree light. It's the folks that buy S&W .460s and .500s to compensate that are those folks... :D :D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    No disrespect to the OP, but I think -1 Johnson county would be in order. If they had THAT many cops drive by, out of the ordinary? Did someone call your OC in (the caller being foolish and ignorant of Indiana's laws)?

If the across-the-street-taunter called it in, who knows what he told the cops. They might have expected to roll up on a guy waving around a gun and hollering threats at passersby...instead, they found Joe Citizen minding his own and spring cleaning...so they kept on rolling. I'd say that's probably a +1.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, who knows what the deranged and ignorant neighbor called in...police probably HAD to at least come roll by the situation. I give them +1 for not doing anything to you, or even trying to talk to you.

Were you wearing your woof shirt?

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I live in Franklin as well I actually openly carried when I had the police come out to do a VIN check on my boat and trailer the cop paid no attention and asked nothing!

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    So, what does she look like? I haven't made it to Franklin yet but it's on the list:):

butt ugly/missing teeth and a bunch of rug rats who need a father and she needs an old man around because she don't work, I'm not sure how the landlord rented to her, she must have lied on the application or maybe he was her boyfriend the week she applied.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In

I had a friend that thought I was a wuss b/c I carried until at a bar one night I put a cigarette out in my arm. That shut him up for a while... :D That was in my more foolish days... :( But needless to say, he has a completely different viewpoint of me now and is a valued friend. He wants me to teach him to shoot, so double good!

I might have said for you to ask your neighbor to go shooting sometime, but given her "extracurricular" activities, it would be wasted time to even ask... I absolutely hate when folks think that we carry due to having a member the size of a Christmas tree light. It's the folks that buy S&W .460s and .500s to compensate that are those folks... :D :D

No its not out of the ordinary for that many cops to drive through my neighborhood.
    It's a huge housing edition, they patrol it hard, they get speeding tickets easily and people running stop signs, plus a good number of the cops live in the edition, so they manage to stay close to home.
    I heard the rumor that the LEO refer to this edition as the "projects of Johnson county" .

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Put up a tall privacy fence! Out of sight, out of mind. :)

It's obvious you and your neighbors didn't get along before this and it will probably only get worse now.

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    r u being serious? Or did you miss your purple text button?
    :dunno:

Not at all, and I certainly wouldn't have pulled the gun on him. Go put it inside, pull out that cell phone and yell about how your neighbor has a new boyfriend this week. Let the boyfriend rile himself up and do what he thinks is necessary and then sit him down if he wants to get violent. If not, then you can tell him why you decided to open carry and go on with your day.

I hope you'll understand that there are people in this world who are also willing to stand up for themselves. Don't mention that you heard him call you names and you're free to go. ;)

Top Bottom