• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Went walking with the wife and baby boy yesterday through Wesselman's Woods in Evansville. I was OCing my Kimber and my wife was OCing her Kel Tec.

We were about halfway through the park when a cop stopped beside me, coming from in front of me, and says,

"I'm sure you have a permit, but I just want to make sure so that if someone calls I can say I already checked it out and avoid an officer coming out here, may I see your permit?"

"Yes you may." (pulled out my wallet, held up my license-it never left my hand and he never got out of the vehicle)

"Very good, you guys have fun."

And that was it. Guys we are making progress! I know for a fact that I have been involved in educating civilians and officers about OC and carrying in general. As it stands, I have no problem with an officer politely asking to see my LTCH. I would wish in the future that we don't need a license to exercise our rights but for now this is a step in the right direction.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Went walking with the wife and baby boy yesterday through Wesselman's Woods in Evansville. I was OCing my Kimber and my wife was OCing her Kel Tec.

We were about halfway through the park when a cop stopped beside me, coming from in front of me, and says,

"I'm sure you have a permit, but I just want to make sure so that if someone calls I can say I already checked it out and avoid an officer coming out here, may I see your permit?"

"Yes you may." (pulled out my wallet, held up my license-it never left my hand and he never got out of the vehicle)

"Very good, you guys have fun."

And that was it. Guys we are making progress! I know for a fact that I have been involved in educating civilians and officers about OC and carrying in general. As it stands, I have no problem with an officer politely asking to see my LTCH. I would wish in the future that we don't need a license to exercise our rights but for now this is a step in the right direction.

:yesway: :yesway: :yesway: :yesway:

Good for you and good for everyone!

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    sounds like he was polite and doing the job right. thats the kind of officer we should all encounter every time.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm beyond thrilled for your encounter!

I, as well, have no problem showing my LTCH to a polite officer...
    And in this scenario, I don't think it could have went any better.

Thank you for sharing,

Jeff

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The only room for improvement I can see is at the legislative level, for the LTCH to become unnecessary. Big :+1: to the officer and his department! Thanks for posting this, Titanium!

Blessings,
    Bill

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Very good idea! I need to see if I can find out his name from Lonnie.
    I have tried a search with dispatch , they don't have a record. I'll call back. I didn't realize it was yesterday. I'll see what I can find out. I was there yesterday.

I was there yesterday driving my 57 black and white ford with Mayberry on it. You sure it wasn't me? No, I was there with the half marathon people controlling traffic on Boeke

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Nope. Must have been after that because I didn't see any marathon. It was about 630 to 730 Monday evening.

Cool car though!

Was there from 6:00 to about 6:15 (Tuesday). You can tell because that's the time everyone is yelling at me about driving through the line of people.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    On another note. I guess that we have all seen in the news lately wher there are no parks or recreation areas that are actually safe. Wesselman's is a small park and we do have the occasional problems. Be safe.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Write a letter expressing your appreciation for his politeness and professionalism and send it to his superiors. Too often LEOs only get complaints, we want to encourage and keep the good ones around.

+10 on this suggestion.......seriously......best way to change behaviors, is to reward the DESIRED behavior.....

Top Bottom