• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    rbMPSH12 - I never said I was right. I simple stated that in the firearms section of the indiana code it is not clearly defined as to what the definition of a school is. Yes, in other sections of Indiana code there are some definitions and they generally only pertain to that chapter and article. I am just saying it is vague and is one of the reason the Indiana Code needs updated and clarified much as the legislation has proposed.
    As for being on "caught" on campus, you will find the vast majority of law enforcement officers are strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment; and therefor as long a someone is legal licensed to carry a firearm and not committing any crime, the law enforcement officer generally will wish you well and send you on your way.

Hi Waross. Although this question has been asked many times, and I have even gone as far as personally calling the IUB Campus PD to ask them, I can assure you that they are well aware that possessing and carrying (with LTCH) on IUB campus is perfectly legal. If you doubt me, I encourage you to give them a call directly:

IUB Campus PD - (812) 855-4111

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've OC'ed all over Bloomington, only one negative encounter with a Sheriff's deputy. I've OC'ed on IU grounds, never had a word spoken to me. Bloomington is a hot mess of Liberal BS, but most don't even notice I'm carrying... if they do, very few have the balls to say anything. Oh, and Napoleon I'm not... 6'7" 360# and I'm not looking for attention, I just don't give a damn what people think! :D

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    It's unclear to me what would happen in Btown. Could go either way. I've heard that people have called IUPD (Bloomington campus) to ask what happens if they catch someone carrying legally, and they have been told that IUPD basically does not tattle on people to the university if they catch them carrying with a permit, and would just verify they are legal and ask them to leave campus. I cannot confirm that first-hand, but that's what I've read on INGO. However, you never know what could happen if some anti-gun/fearful person on campus were to spot someone CCing. All hell could break loose depending on their reaction.

Heh. Yes, that was actually me who called to verify. They would not ask you to leave either, if you are carrying legally. If you are carrying illegally, I'm sure they would give you a free car ride to the clink though! :D

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I am fairly new to the area and live right in the only blue city south of Gary. How have your experiences in Bloomington Open Carrying been? I work in the mall and have seen a few people open carrying but have any of you done it?
    Thanks for your feedback.

Carry as you choose, and don't worry about what people think... show your Larry if asked and then tell them to pound sand. It's always a good thing to remind the peeps of the PROB that this is still the USA! :patriot:

Top Bottom