Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    No you don't. ;)

And where's all the photos?

Only one I have.

2010-11-26_11-18-09_819.jpg

Though there are many, who believed that this walk would would paint gun owners in a bad light and somehow endanger our rights, I am happy to have walked today, with citizens who had the courage to ignore the naysayers and the cold, to hold a very educating event.
    The people we handed out fliers to were eager to take them. I only saw a couple of people decline one.
    The media coverage from fox59 may well further our goal of education. People may well be curious what the laws are. This could be a benefit to sites like this one as people search for information.
    While this was the smallest of the three walks it was by far the most successful one.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Please don't go bashing anyone who didn't participate. I had other engagements to attend. Plus I wouldn't have made it back to make this because of where I've been for Turkey day. MY priorities is ALWAYS family first.

Second, I would attend a event to support and fight for my, our, rights if it was an event that I happened to agree with 100%. This one didn't fall in that. As I have explained in the past. Was I against this walk? Nope.

If you could plan something where I think would be a better way to go, I'll help anyway I can.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

If you could plan something where I think would be a better way to go, I'll help anyway I can.

If you've got something else in mind that you think would better fit with what you are willing to do, plan away! Post your ideas and run with it. We'll do our best to support you, or at least I will.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    First off, I thank you for your service, as I also honorably served my country. My point of support wasn't directed at you specifically...I'm sure there are plenty that had situations, where even if they wanted to attend, timing and location simply made it impossible...but for many out here...:dunno:

ATF, thank you for your support, as well. I am proud of the 16.5 (IM) INGO members that were there. But, I do think there are ways to inspire those who didn't attend, outside of embarrassment, because these are the same individuals who will be approached to attend the next event, aren't they?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I honestly think there would have been many more attend, if those who were opposed to the walk wouldn't have put so many unfounded doubts into their minds.
    This makes 3 walks downtown with no doomsday occurrences. I just hope those who were scared away will join us next time and not listen to those who opposed this walk.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I think I'm gonna have to have a beer and cake event and invite several people to come and just eat cake and drink beer (or soda, or water, or tea, or coffee, or whatever you drink) because I think that some of you need to just relax and enjoy being alive. ;)

(you all know who you are that are arguing with one another.)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I honestly think there would have been many more attend, if those who were opposed to the walk wouldn't have put so many unfounded doubts into their minds.
    This makes 3 walks downtown with no doomsday occurrences. I just hope those who were scared away will join us next time and not listen to those who opposed this walk.

There have been three "trial runs" done, this one with a backdrop of some tension with IMPD, and they've all gone well. I think it's been shown that they can go well, and we can work with IMPD to provide protection for us against trouble makers, and some peace of mind for the general public.

IOW, the events can be held safely and peacefully, and with positive results. Need bigger turnouts to keep getting attention for our message. Either at walks, or with full on demonstration permits and a big ole picnic in the middle of downtown. Near Dicks... that's some downright good food, and they were very supportive of us.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

There WAS one event where someone was handcuffed. That's one reason of several that people won't attend.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    There WAS one event where someone was handcuffed. That's one reason of several that people won't attend.

There is always a risk of issues. Not everyone can, or is willing, to put themselves in a position to take those risks. That doesn't mean they need to try to sink the events, though, and I feel there was an active attempt to do so in this case, as opposed to the more passive doomsaying in before the previous ones.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The one thing I can think of that could have been done better is have more support from gun owns...maybe that is too much to ask.
    Not much else you can change until more people get involved and try to engage with NON-gun owners. :dunno:
    ...Need more turnout from gun owners....
    ...We need a big enough turnout next time to...

Maybe it was when people are being asked to take away time from their families on a holiday weekend. :dunno:

Or maybe the organizers and participants need to take a good hard look in the mirror!

- 1200+ posts to many thousand friendlies on INGO to sell your "protest."
    - Who knows how many posts on other forums?
    - Hourly news broadcasts for days on WIBC inviting others to join in.
    - Even the negative WRTV report should have drawn support

Why did none of this work for any more than a tiny handful? Because respect is earned. You did not earn it.

You pushed people away and continue to do so with your negative and immature approach to those who dare to question you.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Or maybe the organizers and participants need to take a good hard look in the mirror!

- 1200+ posts to many thousand friendlies on INGO to sell your "protest."
    - Who knows how many posts on other forums?
    - Hourly news broadcasts for days on WIBC inviting others to join in.
    - Even the negative WRTV report should have drawn support

Why did none of this work for any more than a tiny handful? Because respect is earned. You did not earn it.

You pushed people away and continue to do so with your negative and immature approach to those who dare to question you.

You mean the wolf wasn't big enough to get the sheep to follow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom