• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I went to the bank today to withdraw a large amount of cash so I could pay for my "new to me" Goldwing. I took my daughter in with me, and was OC the whole time. It felt a little odd when the teller had to ask the manager for more money as I stood there OC'ing at the counter. Oh, and BTW, the cops weren't called and nobody died. ;)

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    "withdraw a large amount of cash"

Next time take in your own paper bag for them to put it in!!! And then watch the other people in line! It's fun!!! If you don't do this then your wife keeps "them" in her purse!!!! LOL

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I went to the bank today to withdraw a large amount of cash so I could pay for my "new to me" Goldwing. I took my daughter in with me, and was OC the whole time. . .

Same here, except I was depositing money. It was a non event and I was bored because nothing happened :D
    Been there, done that (several times) and never had anyone say a peep to me about it. As described above, a "non event" which is as it should be.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The teller at my bank freaked out because I was carrying a 9mm ammo can full of rolled coin. She told me that she thought there might be a gun inside. :n00b: Clearly, everyone carries guns inside ammo cans. I didn't tell her that I did have a gun, but it wasn't in the ammo can... :):

For the record, 9mm ammo cans are a great size for carrying rolled coin. I'm thinking of painting "This is not a gun" on the side.

Glocker39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    I walked into Chase bank up near 86th, and Michigan Road, I had my gun on me, didn't think anything of it until I was filling out a deposit slip , and reached over to grab a pen, and then I noticed all the tellers had their eye on me.
    Sorry folks the guy that has a gun in a holster under a shirt isn't the guy you have to worry about.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    I walked into Chase bank up near 86th, and Michigan Road, I had my gun on me, didn't think anything of it until I was filling out a deposit slip , and reached over to grab a pen, and then I noticed all the tellers had their eye on me.
    Sorry folks the guy that has a gun in a holster under a shirt isn't the guy you have to worry about.
    welcome to the forums, you really should start a thread introducing yourself

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I carry openly a lot of places, but I've never done it in a bank. That's probably good because I like to make bank robbery jokes with the tellers and bank officers.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I carry openly a lot of places, including banks. I like to make jokes about "hunting rhinos" with the tellers and bank officers.

:D

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    I've been going to the same bank since i could walk and have my father take me there to open my first account....

I'm 23 year old, 5'11 155 lbs, skinny white boy... Never had any issues open carrying to my bank once or twice a week. They always smile and greet me by name if they aren't busy with other customers.

I normally am too busy fumbling with money or checks when i walk through the door for anyone to think i'm reaching for my firearm that's in a Level II holster.

I've had a few customers give me looks, especially kids. I remember one time a lady asked me if I was a police officer.... I really wanted to say "Do I look like a cop to you?"

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    "withdraw a large amount of cash"

Next time take in your own paper bag for them to put it in!!! And then watch the other people in line! It's fun!!! If you don't do this then your wife keeps "them" in her purse!!!! LOL

Here's something that's even MORE fun.

Wait until a day when your wife's parents or friends are over. Then, go to the bank to withdraw your large amount of cash. When you get home, make sure you're OC'ing, with your bag full of money. Run in the door, peek out the blinds, toss the bag at your wife and say "HIDE THIS!" and run to another room.

Top Bottom