• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't mind if folks ask. Aside from the "are you a cop" and "I didn't know you could carry like that" questions, I've been asked a few times "is that a Glock?". I swear that is the only manufacturer the general public knows!

A couple of more knowledgeable folks have simply asked "How do you like your XD? What caliber is it?"

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    ... I've been asked a few times "is that a Glock?". I swear that is the only manufacturer the general public knows!

...the same sort of thing happens when I stop for gas to fill up my bike. I don't know how many times people have commented "Nice Harley!" One even mentioned how much they admired my "old Indian." ...I usually just say "Thanks!" and smile ...don't have the heart to tell them it's a Honda! ;)

Oh ...and just to nip in the bud the confusion over which pistol I carry, I've got Glocks! ...just need to get a real Harley someday! :D

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I get confused when people ask me if its real. makes me feel that our society isnt very smart :n00b:

funniest thing thats ever happened with that was someone called me John Wayne and my mind raced through Full Metal Jacket quotes but I kept quiet chuckled and went about my day

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Why do you carry a gun?"

Look them dead in the eyes, calm and cool... "I'm an assassin."

But honestly, I love the questions. Education is #1. I'm a very nice guy, and people tend to find me approachable and a good person to ask questions. I get them far less than I anticipated.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I say ask away. The more people interested in your gun the better. That's a good way to get more people interested and involved in guns and carrying.

:ranton: The thing that sucks with this though, is that we represent all gun owners. Most of the time when people make a (negative) comment to me, I just want to tell them to f-off... but I have to sit there and explain tons of stuff in the short amount of time I have to buy cigs (for example) or whatever so I dont make myself and the rest of us look like impatient azzholes. :wallbash: Its annoying trying to redirect someone with such strong preconceived notions. Thats probably the only reason I dont OC much anymore. Not scared, dont care about their opinion, just dont want to hear them :blahblah: their liberal media biased bs. Im all for teaching people, but there is a time and place, and when someone makes a negative remark on top of no time, and being a complete stranger.... pass.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Thats the last thing I need to see... jerry seinfeld's schlong. :laugh:

*booze is currently involved in all posts from now until morning.*

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Oh boy ...

:rolleyes: Booze and guns now?
    That's not the brightest idea IMO.

guns+and+liquor.jpg

Oh well the government has an agency who does just that, mixing guns and booze and they even smoke on top of that. :dunno:
    :noway: Way to educate the youth of that country Mr.USGOV.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Oh boy ...

:rolleyes: Booze and guns now?
    That's not the brightest idea IMO.

:laugh: the guns are all put away broheem. I have a strict, no being shmamered with lethal force policy. Cant talk about anything over the interwebz these days :40oz:

Plus... if I can spell and make logical grammatical sense....

:cowbell:

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne

LOL, I get that alot (Seinfeld).

BTW, I've got a few rum & cokes in me this evening. Hence the reminiscing of 90's music on the 'Break Room' section.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    90s music was the last good music. Auto tune killed anything there after. Pearl jam, nirvana, soundgarden, korn, limp bizkit (pre hotdog cd), dmb, even rap (kinda) was decent back then. Too corporate now.

BTW, not to continue to go off on a tangent, but would you want to dress up in suits and convince people that youre jerry. Because that would be classy AND hilariously epic. If I were you id practice his voice because its pretty damn spot on brochacho :laugh: Tell em were starting a new show, get some investors, then just buy guns and change your name back LOLOL

back to you guys and your serious gun debates....

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    90s music was the last good music. Auto tune killed anything there after. Pearl jam, nirvana, soundgarden, korn, limp bizkit (pre hotdog cd), dmb, even rap (kinda) was decent back then. Too corporate now.

BTW, not to continue to go off on a tangent, but would you want to dress up in suits and convince people that youre jerry. Because that would be classy AND hilariously epic. If I were you id practice his voice because its pretty damn spot on brochacho :laugh: Tell em were starting a new show, get some investors, then just buy guns and change your name back LOLOL

back to you guys and your serious gun debates....

Not that there's anything wrong with that... :D

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I dont have a problem with talking about my Glock while OC.

Probably the number one question I have heard is "Are you a cop?"

I have had the "I thought only cops could carry a gun" statement more than a few times, and had a few people ask how to obtain a LTCH, and I was glad to tell them.

-MColford

Top Bottom