• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I called the Greenwood Police Department and asked about the process, and something stuck out to me as odd. He said that I can only come in Thursdays and Fridays from 9:00Am-3:00Pm. According to the Johnson County Sheriff's website, they have to accept my application 24/7 (Johnson County Sheriff's Office > Resources > Gun Permit Information).

I have already been printed and paid the $75 plus the $10.95 to the L1 place. Can I just drop in the city PD anytime and drop off my receipt and money, or can I really only go during the above times?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    If you live in Greenwood you will have to abide by their rules. You might go ahead drop in when it is convenient to you and see what they say. Good luck though. Too bad you can't just go down to Franklin and file with the JCSD. The JCSD has no authority over the Greenwood Police Department.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Perhaps they are set up with the right staff on those days to handle the process? If you've waited this long for a permit, what's another couple of days?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Those are crap hours. People work. 9A to 3P is not responsive to the public. I would urge all Greenwood gun owners to bombard the Mayors office and let him know this is unacceptable. Remind him that elections are in November. He gets to appoint the Police Chief I believe...so you need to apply pressure there if you want any change. They need to be able to take license apps at least once night a week to 8PM. That way working voters don't have to miss work to get their forms turned in.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I called Greenwood PD and asked if it was possible to schedule an appointment at another time. I got a polite "no".

Sorry.

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I just went in, paid and filled out a form, got finger printed and that was it. I got finger printed electronically, but still had to get fingerprinted there. This all happened about 2 years ago. I would just show up and see what happens.

mtbrgeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    For Twain
    when i lived in wells county, eons ago, the hours there were similar. Only a few hours, a couple days. Im not familliar with Greenwood, but i imagine that departmental politics have alot to do with those hours.
    ( forget grammar, i prefer to make up my own)

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Greenwood top cop is appointed, not elected. So Greenwood gun owners need to start putting pressure on the Mayor right now and do not let up until that stupid rule changes. It's time to get organized and let the town board know as well. The Johnson County Sheriff Department takes apps 24 hours a day, but the law says you must use your local PD. Greenwood needs to accept apps and fingerprints at least one late day a week.

Greenwood Mayor is Mark W. Myers, his email address is mayor@greenwood.in.gov or call the office at 317 881 8527

Be firm but be polite.

City of Greenwood, Indiana / Home Page

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Screw it, I have a free vacation day, and I need a day off sooner than later. I'll just make a day of it. But rest assured, I will grumble the whole time I am in there.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Greenwood top cop is appointed, not elected. So Greenwood gun owners need to start putting pressure on the Mayor right now and do not let up until that stupid rule changes. It's time to get organized and let the town board know as well. The Johnson County Sheriff Department takes apps 24 hours a day, but the law says you must use your local PD. Greenwood needs to accept apps and fingerprints at least one late day a week.

Greenwood Mayor is Mark W. Myers, his email address is mayor@greenwood.in.gov or call the office at 317 881 8527

Be firm but be polite.

City of Greenwood, Indiana / Home Page

email sent.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That is a major bummer. I didn't see it in your post but hopefully you're getting the lifetime LTCH. Only have to go through it once.

Top Bottom