• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Here is the news story of the event. This really pisses me off. I know for fact it didn't happen around Hillary because she gave a speech about a block away from one of my stores. 2 of the secret service guys came in to the store to get out of the heat, buy some soda pop and never said a word about the 45 that was strapped to my hip!

Obama SUCKS.

Man arrested for having gun at rally
    By Bill Vidonic, Times Staff
    Published: Friday, August 29, 2008 11:10 PM EDT

BEAVER — An Industry man is facing a disorderly conduct charge for attending the Barack Obama rally in Irvine Park with a loaded gun that was holstered on his hip, according to state police and the Beaver County sheriff’s department.

John Noble, 50, was questioned by police for several hours Friday night after the incident, in which witnesses said he also was passing out fliers with writing about gun rights.

John Atkinson of Vanport Township said he saw Noble passing out the fliers and noticed the small-caliber handgun strapped to the man’s waist. He said he quickly notified nearby deputy sheriffs, and deputies Joseph O’Sche and Rich Yonlisky approached the man as he walked along Market Street.

Atkinson said that when the deputies asked why he had a gun, Noble replied, “Because I’m an American,” and one of the deputies responded, “Well, you’re under arrest.”

Noble was hustled to a nearby vehicle, and state police took him to the Brighton Township barracks to question him.

Beaver County Sheriff George David said that Noble insisted he had a right to have the gun because he has a permit to carry it. It wasn’t clear late Friday whether Noble had a valid permit.
    David said Noble “wanted to show his rights.” He said Noble never removed the gun from the holster or threatened anyone.​
    Noble’s arrest took place around 7 p.m., nearly 90 minutes before Sen. Obama and the rest of his campaign team arrived in Beaver.

Bill Vidonic can be reached online at bvidonic@timesonline.com.​

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Bill Vidonic said:
    It wasn’t clear late Friday whether Noble had a valid permit.

If it turns out that Mr. Noble did not have a valid permit, then he should be arrested.

Melensdad said:
    Obama SUCKS

Yes, I think he does too, but if Mr. Noble committed a crime and was arrested for it, then BHO sucks for many other reasons than that one...:):

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    And another story, from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Industry man contests arrest outside Obama rally

Industry man contests arrest outside Obama rally
    Saturday, August 30, 2008
    By Milan Simonich, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

"I am a threat to no one. Mr. Obama doesn't trump my constitutional rights. The president of the United States doesn't trump my constitutional rights," said John Noble, who was handcuffed, questioned for about two hours and then told by state police that he would receive two citations for disorderly conduct.

Mr. Noble, 50, of Industry, said he wore a holstered Glock 19 when he entered the park across the street from the Beaver County Courthouse more than an hour before Mr. Obama arrived for a campaign appearance Friday night.

"I had a Bible in one hand and an apple in the other. I was going to pass out my fliers [on the rights of law-abiding Americans to carry guns], but I never got the chance."

State police in Beaver County referred questions about Mr. Noble's arrest to Trooper Shawn Schexnaildre, of New Castle, who was part of the law enforcement detail in the park. The trooper, who was to begin his shift later today, could not be reached immediately for comment.

Jim Gehr, agent in charge of the U.S. Secret Service field office in Pittsburgh, said the federal agency did not file any charges against Mr. Noble.
    "Our people did talk to him. He never entered the event area," Agent Gehr said​
    Mr. Noble said four or five law officers, plus a police dog, descended on him after somebody reported that he was wearing a pistol on his hip. He said they held him for 40 minutes in a Secret Service vehicle, then took him to the Beaver barracks of the state police for questioning. After being cuffed and shackled, he said, police eventually read him his rights. They also confiscated his pistol.

"Didn't even give me a receipt for it. There were lots of violations of my constitutional rights," Mr. Noble said,

After his arrest, his wife, Janet, handed out his fliers on citizens' rights to carry guns.

Mr. Noble said he had not decided whether to support Mr. Obama or Republican John McCain in the presidential election. He said he hoped Mr. Obama would call him to affirm the right of a law-abiding man to carry a pistol while a presidential contender visited.

Mr. Noble, a former body guard, said he used to carry his pistol in his clothing. But, he said, he has openly worn his handgun in a secure holster for the last four or five years. Nobody ever bothered him before, he said. He said he sometimes is asked why he carries a gun, and he explains that it is his constitutional right. In a practical sense, he said, he arms himself for protection.
    He said he has a lawyer and may bring a lawsuit over his treatment by police.

First published on August 30, 2008 at 1:04 pm​

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If it turns out that Mr. Noble did not have a valid permit, then he should be arrested.

I only know what was reported, but jurisdiction is everything. If he was carrying openly as reported then he didn't need a license (this was PA, only in Philadelphia in that state is a license needed for open carry).

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Let the lawsuits begin and let the news of this violation spread nationwide, and let he NRA and every gun owner in the country do their part to exert pressure on the system. I hope this case can do for the second amendment what Rosa Parks did for the Civil Rights Movement.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You know, I can see the viewpoint of the security people. They're wrong, but I can see their viewpoint: They want to keep their "principal" safe, and they don't know who that is armed is there to do harm. I can see that, and I can appreciate the difficulty of their position.

This does not excuse their actions.

Perhaps they're going about it incorrectly, though.

Lincoln: Assassinated due to his ordering the slaves freed, overstepping the states' role.
    Garfield: Assassinated by a government office-seeker
    McKinley: Shot because he was "the enemy of the working people"
    T. Roosevelt: Assassination attempt when he'd decided to run against Taft.
    FDR: Assassination attempt because the wealthy are responsible for the "plight of the working people"
    Truman: Attempted assassination "to bring attention to the case for Puerto Rican independence"
    Ford: Assassination attempts (2) One by a follower of Charles Manson, the other by someone trying to "prove herself" to some radical friends
    Reagan:Assassination attempt to gain the notice of actress Jodie Foster.

Pretty disparate list, yeah? So what do they all have in common? The President is "the most powerful man in the free world." I don't know how many Congress-critters have had attempts made on their lives, but maybe if our politicians weren't trying to micromanage everyone's lives, they wouldn't become targets. Nobody tries to assassinate (or would it just be "kill"? How powerful do you have to be before you can be "assassinated"?) Joe, the guy who runs the store down the street. No one tries to assassinate a police officer who's just out doing his job, except perhaps the criminal running from him. Maybe the country's "power-elite" need to dial that back a click or two and remember that they're just people, just like everyone else. Then maybe the rest of our lives wouldn't be restricted and controlled because they chose (violently) to make a bad decision.

What ever happened to the presumption of innocence?

Blessings,
    B

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    They probably assume it will kick in once the "perp" gets their trial (long after they have dealt with the immediate "threat" to some self important celebrity.) Unless an officer is reprimanded, this becomes the easiest way to negate ALL possible threats. Arrest them and maybe they'll get released later, after the show leaves town. Just one possible take.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Blessings,
    B

Has it ever been more than theory?
    Does it apply at the street level of the enforcement of law and order?

You left the Kennedy assassinations of the list, and I would love to hear your take on them. What about King and Lennon? Your point about the government over stepping is interesting and even logical at least to a point. But it sounds like blaming the victim to a certain extent. There are random killings in this society. For example two years ago when that kid from the Muncie area shot and killed some people on I-65. Random violence is out there. I think when it is all boiled down to gravey Presidents get killed because of the position more than because of their actions. There are plenty of people with similar positions.

Windwalker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    My understanding of Pa. law is that open carry is legal in the place where Mr. Nobel was arrested. If this is a fact I hope his attorney sues every agency that questioned him while he was being illegally held, starting with the two Sheriffs Deputies who arrested him for they should have known the local law.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    In PA no license is needed for open carry (excluding the city of Philly).

The guy is MtnJack from the PA firearms owners board. SS Agent in charge already gave in a statement that "At no time was Senator Obama in any danger nor was the security perimeter breached".

Also he has only been charged with "disorderly conduct", no firearms charges were filed.

Opencarry.org and PAFOA.org had two huge threads on this.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    <<snip>>
    Mr. Noble said he had not decided whether to support Mr. Obama or Republican John McCain in the presidential election. He said he hoped Mr. Obama would call him to affirm the right of a law-abiding man to carry a pistol while a presidential contender visited.

<<snip>>
    :lol2: "he hoped Mr. Obama would call him..."

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    In PA no license is needed for open carry (excluding the city of Philly).

The guy is MtnJack from the PA firearms owners board. SS Agent in charge already gave in a statement that "At no time was Senator Obama in any danger nor was the security perimeter breached".

Also he has only been charged with "disorderly conduct", no firearms charges were filed.

Opencarry.org and PAFOA.org had two huge threads on this.

Perhaps Mr. Noble will look on this as a financial opportunity.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    BUMP

With the recent events that people carried at, I just found this one from last year and thought it was interesting to compare.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

Yes, I think he does too, but if Mr. Noble committed a crime and was arrested for it, then BHO sucks for many other reasons than that one...:):

+1 on he sucks for allot of other things. :patriot:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The Thin Blue Line Gang members were wrong, all around and this poor guy had to go before a jury to get justice. All on a trumped up charge. I hope he got his firearm back and that they didn't destroy it.
    I am certainly no fan of Barry Hussein, but I have to note that this happened prior to his administration and once this began to happen after he was in office, the White House seems to have bolstered the RKBA in such cases.

I am not fool enough to think that he is our friend, nor that that is anything but a calculated move to stall for time until he is (he hopes) in his second term or at least past the midterm elections next year, however to not note the difference in reactions would be disingenuous.

Blessings,
    Bill

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    May the Bird of Paradise sh!t on the foreheads of the LEO's involved that knowingly violated his rights......and SHAME on them for violating their sworn oath of duty - to honor and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic......

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You never know where something like this would lead. It was the guy carrying on his own property that got arrested in Milwaukee, WI that led to the court decision that open carry in Wisconsin was legal (CC is not). The Milwaukee mayor had a hissy and instructed his officers to deal with people carrying severely and has been warned by the courts that the common disorderly conduct charge will not be tolerated.

Top Bottom