• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sounds like back surgery.
    On TV advertisements it's seems so great.
    But when you talk to people, it's 50/50.

For back surgery, it depends heavily on what's actually wrong and the primary symptoms. For people whose pain is primarily or exclusively limited to the lower back, the success of surgical solutions is poor. For people who have or also have sciatic pain in their hip, leg, and foot that progresses to numbness, the surgeries work pretty well. Once you get to the point where the numbness onsets and the permanent nerve damage is ongoing, there are few options other than surgery.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Movement helps relieve pain from arthritis. It's tough for me to walk much now, and trying to walk more makes it worse. I hadn't considered keeping them moving with less load using a bike! Thanks!

Walking more doesn't help mine either. The bike does work for me. Maybe it'll work for you. Recumbant bikes are more effective. Something about the legs being in front of the hips instead of under them seems to work better. I can spin as long as I want and it causes no knee pain at all, and I'm pretty much good to go for the day.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Walking more doesn't help mine either. The bike does work for me. Maybe it'll work for you. Recumbant bikes are more effective. Something about the legs being in front of the hips instead of under them seems to work better. I can spin as long as I want and it causes no knee pain at all, and I'm pretty much good to go for the day.

I'm going to check if our local Planet Fitness has one of those. It's an inexpensive option.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Sorry to get back on topic, but I will predict that Obamacare stays the law of the land for at least 4 more years because Congress and the Pussilanimus 'Publicans won't send Trump any legislation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry to get back on topic, but I will predict that Obamacare stays the law of the land for at least 4 more years because Congress and the Pussilanimus 'Publicans won't send Trump any legislation.

They never intended to. The true colors are now out where all can see them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Not only that, it will remain law forever...also, amnesty will be law before any of the other things Trump fans voted for him for becomes law...including securing the border.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They never intended to. The true colors are now out where all can see them.

Absolutely. They intend to hold on to this as their perpetual b*tching point that never gets fixed, much in the same way the Democrats do with poverty. If they fix it, then they no longer have a b*tching point.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not only that, it will remain law forever...also, amnesty will be law before any of the other things Trump fans voted for him for becomes law...including securing the border.

Honestly, and this is the best one can hope for, is amnesty for all here illegally now, and then a VERY hard line on future illegal immigrants. The Democrats/Republicans will accept amnesty if there was legislation that clamped down on legal immigration, anchor babies, and implemented STIFF penalties for illegal immigration.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Honestly, and this is the best one can hope for, is amnesty for all here illegally now, and then a VERY hard line on future illegal immigrants. The Democrats/Republicans will accept amnesty if there was legislation that clamped down on legal immigration, anchor babies, and implemented STIFF penalties for illegal immigration.

Kut.........from what I have seen from the swamp in my lifetime If we get amnesty from them it will never end. Never. It is about the giveaway. Building blocks of voters to stay in the big boy/girl chairs of power.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

That does not fix the root issue.
    End all entitlements and you will see the problem go away.
    It is however in no ones interest to do that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

We tried that very thing 30 or so years back. How did that work out for us? Do you really expect to do the same thing and get different results?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We tried that very thing 30 or so years back. How did that work out for us? Do you really expect to do the same thing and get different results?

Have you looked at the paltry provisions of the Reagan Immigration Control Act? I see nothing in it that would dissuade illegals from coming here. The most significant enforcement provision was making it a crime to knowingly hire an illegal. History has shown, the unwillingness to hold employers accountable for such illegal actions.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Have you looked at the paltry provisions of the Reagan Immigration Control Act? I see nothing in it that would dissuade illegals from coming here. The most significant enforcement provision was making it a crime to knowingly hire an illegal. History has shown, the unwillingness to hold employers accountable for such illegal actions.

Exactly, because the Chamber of Commerce is such a powerful lobby.

Things are worse now because you have all the Silicon Valley types in on the "open borders" crowd now, too. Huge sums of money all behind undermining the rule of law.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Exactly, because the Chamber of Commerce is such a powerful lobby.

Things are worse now because you have all the Silicon Valley types in on the "open borders" crowd now, too. Huge sums of money all behind undermining the rule of law.

Not just the Silicon Valley types. You can hardly turn the news on this week without some company SPOX or another supporting DACA. For example, I read a statement br GM's CEO decrying the cancelling of this program. This is the new hotness now...all the cool kids are for open borders and lawlessness now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

The first part will happen and a lot of bluster and campaign promises will happen on the other part but that's it. There will never be any will power to enforce any provision as long as they can concoct an emotional case against it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The first part will happen and a lot of bluster and campaign promises will happen on the other part but that's it. There will never be any will power to enforce any provision as long as they can concoct an emotional case against it.

I think this is the practical reality of it. The Republicans' point of compromise will be whatever they think will appease their constituents. Dems don't want borders. Republicans will pretend they're defending them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think this is the practical reality of it. The Republicans' point of compromise will be whatever they think will appease their constituents. Dems don't want borders. Republicans will pretend they're defending them.

I'd like to hear from Trump's most ardent supporters on this. Borders and illegal immigration was one of his biggest campaign issues. Unless there's some strategy involved here I'm not smart enough to see, it appears he's flipping on one of the foundational issues he ran on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd like to hear from Trump's most ardent supporters on this. Borders and illegal immigration was one of his biggest campaign issues. Unless there's some strategy involved here I'm not smart enough to see, it appears he's flipping on one of the foundational issues he ran on.

I've witnessed at least some Trump fans willing to criticize. When Trump bombed Syria, at some stuck to their principles and were willing to criticize him for it. I took that as a good sign that their support was contingent on principles rather than on the fact that he was some kind of god-hero.

Top Bottom