• ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This **** is starting to **** me off. From the Washington POS(t):

"House leaders postponed a vote Thursday on their plan to overhaul the nation’s health-care system, casting doubt on whether President Trump and House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) can deliver on one of the GOP’s central promises to the voters who placed Republicans in power."

Hold on a mother ****ing, crotch grabbin' minute, Mike DeBonis and Juliet Eilperin.

Voters who put these people in power wanted RE-****ing-PEAL of ACA. We didn't want ACA amended. We didn't want ACA "fixed"...we wanted it sent to the shredder. I want the ACA's place in USC to be 2000 pages of strikethrough text. How hard is this for them to understand?

If they (MSM, RHINOS, communists everywhere...) didn't like the people we to get this done (Trump, et al) they sure as hell won't like the next round of folks we elect to solve the problem.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm happy that we won't pass Obamacare lite.

It's actually good that the R squishes and The Donald will learn that they don't get to pull off a half-assed attempt just call it a "win." Who believes that 2nd/3rd phase horse:poop:?

I'd like to get this done sooner than later, as I'm in the at risk category. However, personally I'd rather back off to let Obamacare fail than sanction further gov't backed healthcare.

I have faith that repeal will get done. If nothing else the Freedom Caucus can reintroduce the repeal bill that passed the House in 2015. Hold all of those who voted for it the first time, just to get elected, accountable. :nono:

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Has the GOP managed somehow to commit every health care sin they accused the Dems of for the past seven years?

C7p0zurUwAEzaJf.jpg:large

18 mos ago these exact same republicans passed a clean repeal and dared Obama to veto it. So why not do that with Trump? Don't tell me that was all for show.

Last edited:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    This is the reason we are going down the ****hole. Democrats will follow their leadership off a cliff. The dem leadership sees that something like the ACA will live on forever and they pull out all the stops on it.

The republicans are too afraid of getting voted out and won't just repeal the damned thing. They voted for repeal when they knew nothing would happen - now they can really get **** done and they are wussing out.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It seems very odd to me that Trump would say "do this or we keep Obamacare" when he ran on getting rid of Obamacare. Its almost like he didn't really mean what he said.

Granted, the Republican Congress, when now in power, can't get out of their own way with the same bills they passed when they knew they would be vetoed.

I want Obamacare gone. Pass whatever necessary to do that NOW, even if incremental.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It seems very odd to me that Trump would say "do this or we keep Obamacare" when he ran on getting rid of Obamacare. Its almost like he didn't really mean what he said.

Granted, the Republican Congress, when now in power, can't get out of their own way with the same bills they passed when they knew they would be vetoed.

I want Obamacare gone. Pass whatever necessary to do that NOW, even if incremental.

Can we just say the feds are not and should not be in the health care business. And that they should not be in any business as they do "Nothing" well enough to be in business. Any and everything they do is a looser. A business can not operate and survive this way.
    Health care is a business. Period. It is not a right.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Can we just say the feds are not and should not be in the health care business. And that they should not be in any business as they do "Nothing" well enough to be in business. Any and everything they do is a looser. A business can not operate and survive this way.
    Health care is a business. Period. It is not a right.

Conceptually, I absolutely agree. Two problems:
    1) That hearse has left the garage already. Medicare/Medicaid/SS Disability are huge market distortions. Not only does that create a slope upon which to slip, any effort to create more of a free market has to take those into account.

2) We REALLY need (and I mean the societal "we") need to differentiate between regulating health care and regulating insurance. For added measure, we need to differentiate regulating employers, but that dimension gets even more complicated.

As with gun rights, incremental improvement is better than no improvement. The current proposed legislation is not great, but it is likely better than what we've got now.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

18 mos ago these exact same republicans passed a clean repeal and dared Obama to veto it. So why not do that with Trump? Don't tell me that was all for show.

That was all for show. Easy to promise, when you don't own the accountability for it.

Now they do. And people like T. Lex, who couldn't vote for Trump, are going to find out exactly why people are so pissed at the GOP establishment. Because the GOPe are d*ckless.

How many times does this have to be explained? The GOP are not there to win the cultural war, or the "small government" war, or any other "war" that us little people care about.

They are the Washington Generals, folks. They ride the same team bus as the Democrats. Their job is to _appear_ to drag their feet against the societal trends you all hate.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That was all for show. Easy to promise, when you don't own the accountability for it.

Now they do. And people like T. Lex, who couldn't vote for Trump, are going to find out exactly why people are so pissed at the GOP establishment. Because the GOPe are d*ckless.

How many times does this have to be explained? The GOP are not there to win the cultural war, or the "small government" war, or any other "war" that us little people care about.

They are the Washington Generals, folks. They ride the same team bus as the Democrats. Their job is to _appear_ to drag their feet against the societal trends you all hate.
    But that appears to be Trump's role, too.

If he is true to his word (which, I will readily concede is doubtful), then he's not willing to change anything either. And this Freedom Caucus BS? They're basically saying they'd rather have Obamacare than change things up. It isn't like the current proposal, if passed, would be set in stone. Change it now, wait 2 years for the midterms to talk about how great the changes are, then change it again.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Logically, this is a "duh". If you don't change the law, you keep the law. Obvious.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Logically, this is a "duh". If you don't change the law, you keep the law. Obvious.
    Indeed.

But, Trump's ultimatum (again, taking it as face value, which is not much value) suggests finality. If not this change, then no change.

Top Bottom