• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm a "gun-guy", a union member, and an Independant when it comes to politics. My feelings around this are similar to my feelings on Religion... I don't agree completely with any of the organized Religions out there, but feel strongly that God exists. What does that make me? An independant Christian.

Please, don't use these topics to cast blanket statements. Several don't fit under your blanket.

Huh?

My comments were based on very specific observations and conversations I had with a few specific people. I meant to tie that comment into the subject's gun shop's preference for non-Obama voters--but upon review, I don't think I made the connection well enough. True enough, I don't know you and it would be presumptuous to assume you display and claim conflicting interests of the individuals to which I was referring, but neither do you know the details of my observations to assume I'm incorrect either.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    ... but neither do you know the details of my observations to assume I'm incorrect either.

True, I'm not aware of the details, however I felt the statement was made more as a casted net than towards specific individuals. This seems to be a misunderstanding that likely wouldn't have happened if conversing in person, instead of online.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    no matter whether the idea was good or bad, I have to respect a man or woman that refuses to lose their values or morals for anyone, especially money.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Not really a great way to bring people into the gun community, especially considering that younger gun owners as a demographic tend not to fall in line with traditional conservative values.

I remember shortly after 9/11, a good friend of mine who happens to be Muslim expressed interest in firearms for self-defense due to increases in anti-Muslim violence. I foolishly took him to a gun show only to find a number of tables sporting anti-Muslim signage including one dealer who flat out had a "No Sales to Muslims" sign. He was horrified, i was embarrassed for the entirety of gun culture and after saying some things to the shop owner (which will not be repeated in polite company) we left and to this day, he still doesn't own a gun because for the brief period of time he was open to it, a bunch of bigots slammed the door in his face.

Please reconsider. The shooting community is evolving from it's previously conservative base, and you're not doing it any favors by alienating the people who want to continue the american tradition of gun ownership long into the future but happen to also be progressive in their social leanings.

Ouch that had to be a rough day. I voted for good old Obama and honestly it doesn't matter who was in office when a bunch if innocent kids get taken out by a psychopath then gun control WILL be brought up in any presidents term. It's unfortunate we have ignorant racists who just want to point the finger at one ethnicity of people

Top Bottom