• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    His Imperial Highness has sent a letter to congress informing them that he doesn't need their permission, (through the War Powers Act) to continue his military actions in Libya. Laws be damned, he'll do as he pleases with his troops. Can't wait to see how this plays out. Sad thing is that his former gop "opponent", McCain, supports his position and has said that the WPA is unConstitutional. Of course, no court has backed up McCain's endless war stance. Here's hoping that the congress grows a back bone and slaps him down.

White House on War Powers Deadline: 'Limited' US Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorization - Political Punch

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The guidelines are well-established by now. If you're a Democrat, you have no need to go to Congress or anyone else to take military action. If you're a Republican, you need Congress, multiple resolutions from the UN, and dozens of other countries supporting you.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    The guidelines are well-established by now. If you're a Democrat, you have no need to go to Congress or anyone else to take military action. If you're a Republican, you need Congress, multiple resolutions from the UN, and dozens of other countries supporting you.

Oh my my, deplorable. Who was the rotten scoundrel in office when these rules were put in place giving the imperial high president all these powers?

I’m so flustered, my spelling / typing is atrocious. No excuse though, one must keep a cool head even in times of adversity.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Oh my my, deplorable. Who was the rotton scoundrel in office when these rules were put in place giving the imperial high president all these powers?

War Powers Act signed in 1941.... Looks like (surprise!) FDR, the only President to exceed two terms. (It wasn't unConstitutional then to do so, nor would it have been for him to serve as many terms as he could be elected to, had he not died during his fourth.)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    the%20warfare%20state%20......jpg

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    How many of these were carried out under a UN mandate/resolution, and NOT the US just going around bombing places willy nilly, as you seem to be implying.

I will say that when it needs to be destroyed overnite the world (UN) has no problem knocking on OUR door. I guess another good reason to disband the UN.

:+1:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Thats because we just don't play the same game as they do. I think its time to start. Damn the torpedos, full steam ahead!:ar15:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think Obama and McCain (mostly) have this right.

If Congress doesn't like it, cut the funding. As CinC, the Pres can deploy troops almost entirely in his discretion IMHO.

Separation of Powers FTW.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    So obama thinks he is king? what a surprise. so CONGRESS, why dont you all get out the tweezers and pull your nuts back out and cut funding to this tyrant and traitor of our republic? matter of fact, turn off the lights in the white house!

Top Bottom