• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So i'm an 18 year old sitting at my computer reading all of this and i think to myself am i being screwed out of a life time of freedoms that my father enjoyed :xmad: it freaks me out to read this. how can one man forfit millions of Americans rights? its all very confusing to me being so young and all ha ha but it leads to the question will Americans sit by and let this happen? what are your thoughts? do you think the general American public is well enough informed to stop something like this IF it ever happened? I hate to say it but i dont think we are... what do you all think? :dunno:

[threadjack]
    Talk to friends, family, neighbors, schoolmates, co-workers, people at church. Educate yourself as to what our Constitution says and what it is about, so you can tell people the story of Liberty. People need to know what their rights are (and are not). If people knew what their rights were they would be more likely to be offended that they are being stolen.

Ira Stoll's "Samuel Adams: A Life" is a great book to put the American Revolution into context. David McCullough's "1776" is a good book to understand the sacrifice that men made at the alter of Liberty. "The Federalist Papers" (especially the papers written by Madison, since he wrote the Constitution) is the good way of understanding the intent of the Constitution as articulated by our founders. Finally, the "5000 Year Leap" is a great read regarding the principals at work in our Constitution.

I have purchased 1000 constitutions and have had 600 eight page booklets printed that i wrote describing American Liberty. I have distributed 800 of those constitutions to about 100 different people so far and about 400 of my booklets with hopes that the recipients will distribute the extras. I get strange looks sometimes. That is a very small price for the Liberty of my posterity. Not everyone can do this individually, so you may need to take up a collection to get the materials you need.

If you need any help with this PM me.

Lastly, do not get discouraged. You will not convince everyone. Only 3% of Americans fought on the side of the Patriots. Maybe 20% of colonist were supportive. The rest were indifferent or Torrie.

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. "
    Samuel Adams

[/threadjack]

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Educate yourself as to what our Constitutions says and what it is about, so you can tell people the story of Liberty. People need to know what there rights are (and are not). If people knew what their rights were they would be more likely to be offended that they are being stolen.
    I was reading about women's suffrage in one of the amendments to the constitution. I hate that women are suffraging in this modern day and ago. It just ain't right, I tell ya! Are women in 3rd world countries suffraging like our women here are? No!

End women's suffrage! Who's with me?!?!

:)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was reading about women's suffrage in one of the amendments to the constitution. I hate that women are suffraging in this modern day and ago. It just ain't right, I tell ya! Are women in 3rd world countries suffraging like our women here are? No!

Hey I remember that show! Was it Leno? Who was it? I remember seeing it on TV. Crap. It's RIGHT.... THERE.... GRRRRR...

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne

you'll need to talk to my wife about this. lol.:popcorn:

In all seriousness, i suppose you are referring to the general lack of education (especially the poor vocabulary) of many Americans. It is a problem, without doubt. No one said this would be easy.

You'd be surprised by the number of people that were offended by me giving them a constitution! You'd think i had handed them a burning cross! Oh well, kick the dust off and on to the next door.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    Goodbye to American sovereignty? MUST WATCH!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5AKsXVmS3E]YouTube - World Government in December? Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty via UN Climate Change Treaty[/ame]

In december, Obama may very well go to copenhagen, denmark and sign away our country's soveriegnty. If this happens then we can all kiss American life as we know it goodbye....

SHARE THIS WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN!

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    yes but that wont do any good, treaty is already signed. united states constitution states that once we are locked into a treaty the only way we can get out of it is if we are released by all the other signing parties of the treaty. and that will never happened because all the other nations are poorer nations that will be getting free money from us.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Savage and Culpeper,

Yeah, I think it was part of Leno's show a couple of years ago where they had a guy with a fake petition asking women to sign and "end women's suffrage". Yes, it is a play on words that works because of a lack of knowledge of historical word usage.

It makes me very nervous that Americans may lose rights because citizens do not keep a working knowledge of what rights we currently have, so they do not realize when a right is lost or even abused.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The women's suffrage skit was done in The Man Show, Season 1, Episode 1.

YES! Thank you! Can't find a video of it, but here's a rip off of the skit... :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uPcthZL2RE]YouTube - Ending Women's Suffrage[/ame]

Esperanza

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ok, so I'm new to the site, so forgive my ignorance, but this doesn't make much sense to me. Also, I have only skimmed the treaty and I didn't find anything all that troubling. I can't comprehend what the motivation would be for Obama to cede U.S. sovereignty at all, much less in a treaty that deals with environmental issues. To be honest, this sounds to me like everyone is a little paranoid. That said, I'm completely open minded, so enlighten me. :)

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Ok, so I'm new to the site, so forgive my ignorance, but this doesn't make much sense to me. Also, I have only skimmed the treaty and I didn't find anything all that troubling. I can't comprehend what the motivation would be for Obama to cede U.S. sovereignty at all, much less in a treaty that deals with environmental issues. To be honest, this sounds to me like everyone is a little paranoid. That said, I'm completely open minded, so enlighten me. :)

PM me your telephone number and I'll try and bring you up to speed on the issues. Welcome to INGO and I'm glad that you used your 1st and only post here to enlighten us on UN Treaties supported by Obama

Esperanza

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    No offense, but I won't be PMing you my number. I'm sensing a little sarcasm (perhaps mistakenly) so I apologize if I offended you. I was simply curious as to what leads people to believe this is true. I can see how the fact that this is my first post could be misleading, but the fact is I joined the site at the urging of my husband who has been pressuring me to get a permit to carry for awhile now. I started here because politics interests me. I'm guessing since you posted it you have good reason for believing what you do and I was curious to hear it. As for me, I generally choose not to blindly adopt what the left or right wing radicals have to say about much of anything.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    No offense, but I won't be PMing you my number. I'm sensing a little sarcasm (perhaps mistakenly) so I apologize if I offended you. I was simply curious as to what leads people to believe this is true. I can see how the fact that this is my first post could be misleading, but the fact is I joined the site at the urging of my husband who has been pressuring me to get a permit to carry for awhile now. I started here because politics interests me. I'm guessing since you posted it you have good reason for believing what you do and I was curious to hear it. As for me, I generally choose not to blindly adopt what the left or right wing radicals have to say about much of anything.

Reading comprehension, Obama's prior track record and his goal of CHANGE for America. I was being facetious about the TX number for I do not have the time or the inclination to bring you up to speed on current affairs. Have fun posting on INGO ;)

Esperanza

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    :) Thank you, I will. Given my background in political science I'm pretty sure I could tell you a few things about current events and how they relate to public policy. I'm completely on the fence about Obama and how he will handle the issue of gun control, though I don't think it's something that will play out for a few years given the bigger issues on the table. The fact that I don't have a hard stance on the issue as of yet is one reason I'm here. I thought this would be a great place to learn more about one side of issue. My first impression tells me I was clearly wrong. I'll keep looking though. Thanks again.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    My first impression tells me I was clearly wrong. I'll keep looking though. Thanks again.

That's a fairly swift judgment call for a new member. How did you make that assessment so quickly?

You'll forgive my cynicism, but Esperanza? Esperanza y Cambio, quiza?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What about the idea that this treaty forces us to adopt policies and monetary tranfers that we would otherwise not accept? Like the fact that it forces us to eliminate the power sources that we rely so heavily on in favor of things like windmills which only produce about 20% of their total capacity on a consistent basis. Add to that the fact that a LARGE coal fired power plant like Gibson Generating Station produces enough power to supply a good portion of the state, a windmill farm taking up the same amount of land would only produce enough to power a decent size city, IF properly placed in a windy enough location. To produce the same amount of power we would have to destroy thousands of square miles of farm land. Is the trade off really worth it?

Then we have the idea of sending money to third world countries. I'm sure we can all imagine the nightmares this could cause, but for example's sake, it might not fund the PEOPLE, but the tyrannistic regeime ruling over those people instead. So in effect we would be forced to send money to Countries like Somalia and North Korea which is HIGHLY hostile to our own Country.

These are just two ways this treaty would upsurp US Sovereignty. And I haven't even made it past page 15 yet. There's another 185 to sort through.

Top Bottom