• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I look at Obama the same as I look at the idiot dog next door, the first time I saw Spot eat his own poop it was shocking . Now I just expect Spot to disgust me. Obama is no different.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What is he going to tell the lady... "no I will not take a picture with you... sit there and shut up and pretend you don't know me for the next 3 hours"?

His choices aren't decorum or rudeness. There's a middle ground of both refusing to act like a teenage girl and being polite. There is a certain decorum and gravitas you expect from a president. That isn't it.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    What is he going to tell the lady... "no I will not take a picture with you... sit there and shut up and pretend you don't know me for the next 3 hours"?

Threads like this make Conservatives look desperate and pathetic. "Oh look at Obama... he isn't holding his own umbrella. Oh look at Michelle, she looks like she is pissed off. Is a divorce on the horizon?"

This is tabloid, National Inquirer type of stupid news.... The worst part is that you guys talk **** about Mandela, then voice displeasure about Obama "being disrespectful" at Mandela's bon voyage party.
    If you are bucking for the White House press secretary job, the position has already been filled.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm imagining if Bush or Palin or any other conservative politician did this.

The usual suspects would be clicking their tongues with indignation over what their pet idiots did and simultaneously wondering where all the cheerleaders were now that "their boy/girl" were doing the same thing as that last dem.

His choices aren't decorum or rudeness. There's a middle ground of both refusing to act like a teenage girl and being polite. There is a certain decorum and gravitas you expect from a president. That isn't it.

This. He has to or should know that cameras are on him everywhere he goes. Like it or not, fair or not, many people look to folks in power to behave with a little more decorum than the average Joe attending Aunt June's funeral...but then again, apparently not as many as I would have imagined.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

Threads like this make Conservatives look desperate and pathetic. "Oh look at Obama... he isn't holding his own umbrella. Oh look at Michelle, she looks like she is pissed off. Is a divorce on the horizon?"

This is tabloid, National Inquirer type of stupid news.... The worst part is that you guys talk **** about Mandela, then voice displeasure about Obama "being disrespectful" at Mandela's bon voyage party.

This. +1

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County

No, IF she was the one who asked for the pic he was supposed to say " I'll be happy to, but after the service". One of the early lessons that our parents teach us is that there is a time and a place for everything. And this is neither. In the following pics Michelle looks like the dutifully irritated parent that is about to and then does chide the disrespectful adolescent. And then Obama looks like the rightfully chided adolescent that has now been removed from the temptation. Also note that John Cameron is nowhere to be found after the first pic. There is a lady in the seat he was in for the selfie.

Now they are remarking like adults that aren't infatuated with Obambi. People expect their leaders and heads of state to act with maturity, respect and decorum since they are always in the public eye and are the most prominent representative of the their country and it's citizens. Ergo, they are EXPECTED to behave like ADULTS and not impulsive, disrespectful, self absorbed teenagers. It is a part of INTEGRITY.

Here is the text from the U.K. Independent article that the pix were part of:

They'll look back on this selfie, years from now, and think "what on earth were we doing? We're world leaders, not a bunch of giggling teenagers. We're attending the memorial service of Nelson Mandela. Couldn't we have waited a bit before goofing around?"

The only person to come out of this with dignity in tact is Michelle Obama, who looks frosty to say the least.
    Some commentators on Twitter have pointed out that the angle of selfie-fication looks directed primarily towards Denmark's Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt and Barack Obama, with David Cameron having to quite a bit of squeezing to get into frame.
    The tumblr, selfies at funerals, which had closed down, reopened especially to host the defining example of the faux pas it existed to shame. "Our work here is done", the site said. Amen to that.

And they weren't the only one's covering with the same angle.

Again, lessons that our parents teach us from an early age are: (1)There is a time and a place for everything (2) What you do reflects on us (3) When at a funeral BE RESPECTFUL not just for the dead, but for the family too and last . . . . . IT AIN'T ABOUT YOU!!

Obama very obviously doesn't give a rat's patoot because it's all about him. And that reflects poorly on us and the country as a whole. And yes, if he were a Republican the news casts would run it so much that we wouldn't be able to get away from it. I find it interesting that some just don't get it.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    "When you assume..."

Come on... Whats next? Photos of Kim Kardashian... Who cares? You have no idea what is going on in those pictures, other than maybe a cell phone pic.

I don't like that S.O.B either, the difference is that I don't need to fabricate things to justify my disdain for that idiot. He does plenty of important things (like Obamacare) not to like him for... why waste time pettying down his actions to stupid **** like this?

Its a sour grapes look that makes Conservatives look like sore losers. Its desperate

Because it goes to whether and how much other world leaders take him seriously and our country and it's policies as a result. It goes to credibility, attitude and integrity. Which he shows a distinct lack of.

It really isn't that tough to understand.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    You don't think there were photographers all over the place snapping photos right and left? Obama has his own personal photographer so he could easily have sent the prime minister a signed photo of the two of them and signed it "All My Love Barack".

i saw a picture of Bush and Bono at the funeral but it sure wasn't a selfie.

Sorry but I see it as hilarious that FLOTUS was rolling up her sleeve in one picture and the next she is sitting between them so she can make them behave.. The man and his wife is an embarrassment.

Kind of like Popeye rolling up his sleeve: "Whyyy IIIII oughtaaaaa . . . . ."

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Guess he acted with respect or the media would be blasting the hell out of him

You can bank on that...

it is all AOK...they kissed and made up..

url

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

I agree 100% with the above. I detest Obama's policies. But come on. What was he supposed to do. Sit there and look and act like he was all tore up because a man who was nearly 100 passed away? It seemed very genuine to me. The picture of the 1st Lady? whatever.
    From what I understand, the event was a celebration of life, not a mourn fest. Nothing to see here ... move along.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I agree 100% with the above. I detest Obama's policies. But come on. What was he supposed to do. Sit there and look and act like he was all tore up because a man who was nearly 100 passed away? It seemed very genuine to me. The picture of the 1st Lady? whatever.
    From what I understand, the event was a celebration of life, not a mourn fest. Nothing to see here ... move along.

Here then is the question: if not to take it seriously, why go? Why not simply express condolences and send some high-ranking monkey to fill your seat? Heck, shove Hillary out there, she needs the press for her Presidential run. When the President travels abroad he is supposed to be a sort of ambassador for the American people, and should act with the dignity of the office at least. Joining in with the celebration? Debatable, but at least excusable. Behaving in a manner that would be shameful for a 12 year old twit of a girl? Ridiculous.

And for the record, behaving like a buffoon is shameful regardless of party, office, or station unless the situation is extremely relaxed. I have personally attended my own great-grandmother's celebration of life which she and my grandfather opted for instead of a teary-eyed funeral. We played cards, had fun, and generally enjoyed each other's company. But there was a quiet dignity to the day even so, and nobody pulled crap like this.

Top Bottom