• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Obama's Philadelphia campaign office has been displaying signs in their windows that say "FELONS CAN VOTE - REGISTER TO VOTE". This is a new low in voter turnout efforts. While in some states it is legal for felons to vote after their sentences have been served, do we really want to actively encourage felons to take a bigger role in deciding how our government works? The Obama camp is implicitly stating through its actions that criminals are far more likely to vote for Obama than McCain.

2896931790_73fc252445_o.jpg

http://SlickBarry.com

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    That is pretty low.

However, while I don't really feel to good about letting felons vote, I know a few ex-felons who have turned there lives around and are decent people today. I think there should be a way for ex-felons to regain their voting rights.

mar_2343

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    NWI
    It should be a case by case re-instatement of voting rights. I wouldn't really care to ever see any convict that served time at USP Marion or USP Florence(admin max) ever be allowed to vote

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It should be a case by case re-instatement of voting rights. I wouldn't really care to ever see any convict that served time at USP Marion or USP Florence(admin max) ever be allowed to vote

Voting "rights" is a misnomer. Voting is a privilege of citizenship, not a human right, which, by definition, would come from our Creator. The vote is a privilege extended to our citizens, created by our citizens as a means to form our government which we, the people, instituted.

That said, I think that if someone is free, s/he should have his/her rights and privileges of citizenship restored. All of them. If that person cannot be trusted with those, then that person should remain in custody or should be executed. I think our legal code has been misused to classify things as "felonies" that should not even be misdemeanors, and this should change. What you do to yourself should be no one's business legally. A violent crime against another person should be met with the full weight and force of the law. If that's what the inmates at Florence or Marion have done, the question I would ask is, "Why are they still breathing?"

Blessings,
    B

mar_2343

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    NWI
    because of legislators have no will to allow fed prosecutors and the courts to bring the full weight and force of the law. USP Marion and USP Florence(admin max) exist only to house the most dangerous inmates in the country, Marion was the first Super Max in the country, Florence was the second in the Federal system

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    because of legislators have no will to allow fed prosecutors and the courts to bring the full weight and force of the law. USP Marion and USP Florence(admin max) exist only to house the most dangerous inmates in the country, Marion was the first Super Max in the country, Florence was the second in the Federal system

If they are that dangerous, they should never leave those walls and the point is moot. If they're not that dangerous, it sounds like they don't belong there in the first place. From your description, it sounds like the former case applies.

Top Bottom