• dradef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    says PETA....

The Associated Press: PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly
    PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly

WASHINGTON (AP) — The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.

"Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead.

"Now, where were we?" Obama asked Harwood. Then he added: "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken against animal abuses.

Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on the matter.

THIS is their first indication that he isn't perfect?! :dunno: lolwait, nevermind it's PETA..... :D

WHAT HAPPENED

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Largo, FL
    peta_rabbits.jpg

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    PETA is ridiculous. I don't think I could sit in a room with someone who has the mentality that swatting a fly is wrong. I wonder what kind of personality these people have?

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Believe it or not, PETA gave Osamabama a Catch & Release fly trap!!!
    Someone from PETA will be earning a living while monitoring, emptying and maintaining these traps.
    Folks, our government has officially declared itself incompetent beyond imagination.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I would say PETA is actually just being true to their ideals.

But, sadly, I cannot. I have a trouble synching their ideals and their concern for a fly with the fact that they kill 95% of the animals entrusted to their care.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My biggest issue is this made news.

Protesters dying in Iran by their corrupt govt.
    North Korea threatening us with nuclear war...

But, waitasec... Obama swatted a fly? This is headline news. Get the reporters in here NOW.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    It was shown on the news that Al Queda is using horses to deliver homicide bombs in Israel. Once again I will ask, here is PETA on this issue?
    :dunno:

Fly= condemnation
    Horse= Acceptable bomb system

PETA has gained Ohhhhhh so much credibility.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom