• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Remember how the press ridiculed the 1st George for being out fishing when there were Americans out of work. The 2nd George they attacked for being on his ranch while Americans were dying. BHO goes on vacation during high unemployment, escalation of the ware in Afghanistan, terrorist attack on an airliner and what do we hear from the Press?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I believe Mark Twain summed it up by saying something like "Those that don't read the newspapers are uninformed, and those that do read the papers are misinformed"

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    Remember how the press ridiculed the 1st George for being out fishing when there were Americans out of work. The 2nd George they attacked for being on his ranch while Americans were dying. BHO goes on vacation during high unemployment, escalation of the ware in Afghanistan, terrorist attack on an airliner and what do we hear from the Press?

I'm not a big Obama supporter, but in my opinion, he's getting more scorn than Bush ever did. And by this time of the year during Bush's first term, he had taken about 60 days of vacation already. Plus, I read that he was working from his vacation home after the terrorist attack. Just saying...

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I'm not a big Obama supporter, but in my opinion, he's getting more scorn than Bush ever did. And by this time of the year during Bush's first term, he had taken about 60 days of vacation already. Plus, I read that he was working from his vacation home after the terrorist attack. Just saying...

From the mainstream media???... you think they have been heaping scorn on the annointed one... where have you been living... here is the latest "scorn"

Nightline co-anchor Terry Moran gave an interview on Friday to the Media Bistro's "Morning Media Menu" podcast and compared Barack Obama to George Washington. Talking to host and editor Steve Krakauer, Moran gushed: "I like to say that, in some ways, Barack Obama is the first President since George Washington to be taking a step down into the Oval Office. I mean, from visionary leader of a giant movement, now he's got an executive position that he has to perform in, in a way."

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    From the mainstream media???... you think they have been heaping scorn on the annointed one... where have you been living... here is the latest "scorn"

Well, when Obama's hometown newspaper is criticizing his actions, I would say that's a pretty good indicator that the mainstream media is no longer on his side.

We need Obama during turmoil -- chicagotribune.com

He's losing support on all the major news networks, right in line with his falling approval rating, I thought that was fairly obivious. None of it is unexpected though, his actions are creating a lot of anger towards his administration.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Obama Hard At Work on Terrorism
    :D

Yes, I'm feeling more terrorized every day.

He's losing support on all the major news networks, right in line with his falling approval rating, I thought that was fairly obivious. None of it is unexpected though, his actions are creating a lot of anger towards his administration.

Yes, networks like MSNBC he is losing support because in their eyes
    he is betraying their ultra liberal agenda too.
    They are flaming mad that he did not do things like
    push the public option on healthcare (tax you and give it to someone else plan)
    AND let's not forget sending more troops to Afghanistan.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    Yes, networks like MSNBC he is losing support because in their eyes
    he is betraying their ultra liberal agenda too.

YES!! I agree, and that's a good thing!! Isn't it a little reassuring to know that he's not doing everything the ultra liberals want him to do? On Afghanistan, he listened to the generals and based his decision on that information, not on a liberal agenda. I wish he would distance himself more from super lib wackjobs and just do his job.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    There is no truth in the news and no news in the truth.

The president regardless of who he is only makes the final decision as the real "hard work" is done by the security analysts and professionals who are experts in the field that tell him what is going on. I am glad to see some political backlash because it seems that the risk of people losing face is the best way to improve on what needs to be done. Just after 9/11 the FBI and CIA leaders were shown to the public as failures because they can't communicate to each other which made them take steps to work together to better help America. I just wish it didn't take Americans losing their lives to get these people to do their jobs.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Nightline co-anchor Terry Moran gave an interview on Friday to the Media Bistro's "Morning Media Menu" podcast and compared Barack Obama to George Washington. Talking to host and editor Steve Krakauer, Moran gushed: "I like to say that, in some ways, Barack Obama is the first President since George Washington to be taking a step down into the Oval Office. I mean, from visionary leader of a giant movement, now he's got an executive position that he has to perform in, in a way."
    Interesting... The Oval Office wasn't even built until 1800. John Adams was the first US president to step into it.

Elitist liberals are sooooooooo smart. :rolleyes:

I guess they think us mouth-breathing, knuckle-draggin' conservatives are too ignorant to notice their glaring factual errors.

The fawning, "lamestream media" should stick to more subjective expressions of their unconditional love for the "chosen one", like "My! I felt this thrill going up my leg."

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

WHOA! You REALLY might wanna rethink that.

obamatard did nothing after Ft. Hood. He took 5 minutes to mention the terrorist attack at Ft. Hood while addressing the Native Americans. As a matter of fact, him giving "shout outs" to his "peeps" were more important than addressing the attack. And when he Finally did, it was in passing in an "Oh, by the way..." attitude.

Were was Bush Jr.? On his way over to the base to help out in any way he could.

Terrorist tries to blow up an airplane, obamatard hides in Hawaii, keeps vacationing, acting like it's all no big deal.

What did Bush do when 9/11 happened? He's reading to some elementary kids, an aide walks in and tells him the news, his jaw drops, he finishes what he was doing and away he went to deal with it. They didn't go straight back to D.C. in fear of another strike on the capitol. But he put his nose to the grind stone and went on TV a LOT to reassure the people things were being handled.

Bush took two days to respond in full to the American People. All the while he was at work.

Obamatard takes three days and acts like it's no big deal and stays in Hawaii.

Are you REALLY sure

....Obama.... he's getting more scorn than Bush ever did.

???

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009

I still don't understand why "conservatives" went and stole the Drums of War from the left.

I can't stand to read half of the articles on Drudge because they are always pushing for more war.

Still, Obama has the media for his puppet. Most people don't care about Afghanistan, they just want to know about the economy and this healthcare scandal. Too bad the media is helping the administration out big time with those

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Obama is the left wings messiah and a few articles is not going to change that. No matter what they will support him when push comes to shove. These few gripes that they have about him will all go away and blame will be placed elsewhere when 2010 gets here.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    WHOA! You REALLY might wanna rethink that.

obamatard did nothing after Ft. Hood. He took 5 minutes to mention the terrorist attack at Ft. Hood while addressing the Native Americans. As a matter of fact, him giving "shout outs" to his "peeps" were more important than addressing the attack. And when he Finally did, it was in passing in an "Oh, by the way..." attitude.

Were was Bush Jr.? On his way over to the base to help out in any way he could.

Terrorist tries to blow up an airplane, obamatard hides in Hawaii, keeps vacationing, acting like it's all no big deal.

What did Bush do when 9/11 happened? He's reading to some elementary kids, an aide walks in and tells him the news, his jaw drops, he finishes what he was doing and away he went to deal with it. They didn't go straight back to D.C. in fear of another strike on the capitol. But he put his nose to the grind stone and went on TV a LOT to reassure the people things were being handled.

Bush took two days to respond in full to the American People. All the while he was at work.

Obamatard takes three days and acts like it's no big deal and stays in Hawaii.

Are you REALLY sure

???

Yep, I'm sure... What I'm unsure about is what you are arguing. I was discussing the mainstream media response to Obama's recent whereabouts, but you seem to be arguing about his actions, or more so, his reactions to recent terrorists attacks. I was never discussing or comparing his reactions to these attacks with Bush's. In fact, I agree that his reaction wasn't sufficient for either terrorist attack.

My only opinion is that even the lib media is not backing him as much. Yeah, they'll still be on his side of the fence, but at least it doesn't seem like they are treating him like god as much.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yep, I'm sure... What I'm unsure about is what you are arguing. I was discussing the mainstream media response to Obama's recent whereabouts, but you seem to be arguing about his actions, or more so, his reactions to recent terrorists attacks. I was never discussing or comparing his reactions to these attacks with Bush's. In fact, I agree that his reaction wasn't sufficient for either terrorist attack.

My only opinion is that even the lib media is not backing him as much. Yeah, they'll still be on his side of the fence, but at least it doesn't seem like they are treating him like god as much.

My apologies, I read this part wrong...

he's getting more scorn than Bush ever did.

Again, my apologies.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    My apologies, I read this part wrong...

Again, my apologies.

No need, I do it all the time! BTW, to supplement what you said about Bush taking two days to respond to 911. He wanted to respond a lot sooner, but couldn't b/c AFO didn't have the technology to broadcast (fixed that now), he couldn't/didn't land for very long, etc. In general, he seems to handle tough situations better than the current pres...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No need, I do it all the time! BTW, to supplement what you said about Bush taking two days to respond to 911. He wanted to respond a lot sooner, but couldn't b/c AFO didn't have the technology to broadcast (fixed that now), he couldn't/didn't land for very long, etc. In general, he seems to handle tough situations better than the current pres...

Right. Even after all the :bs: GW did throughout his time as POTUS, I have to give him a lot of respect for how he handled most situations. Much better him in the hot seat at the time than Gore or our current Resident Idiot.

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie

They shouldn't be treating him like a god at all, nor should they ever have done so. Even JFK didn't get the kind of sickening, near psychotic fawning that's been lavished on Obama by most of the MSM.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom