Obama bypasses Congress in effort to put gun stores out of business.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Is this affecting online sales primarily, as the article seems to indicate, or brick and mortar establishments as well?

It seems to effect anyone who's business purpose is firearms. There are lots of threads from proprietors of LGS's asking what company to use for CC processing as their company had dropped them or specifically stated in their policies that they didn't deal with firearms dealers. Now this is just anecdotal based on threads I've read on ar15.com by those in the business of or getting into the business of firearms.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    But if the GOP can't find someone to challenge Hillary or whoever that could win....they'll have another 8 yrs of free reign more than likely. Yah Yah Yah, GOP=Dems to some of you...but we know the chance of someone everyone likes on here having a shot in hell of winning is slim to none.

I'm not worried about credit card sales online. I'm more worried about the long term consequences of gun stores going to a bank for a business start up loan and being denied due to the 'risk of the sales'.

Its a very depressing but no surprising article.

At this point I'd be surprised to find that Hillary chose to run. Just a week or so ago she vocally put her 2 cents out there on the current state of firearms in America and it was not "Pro". Voicing this before going into an election polarizes the vote in a way she could not want. She's many things but stupid isn't necessarily one of them. What she said was stupid, particularly if she intends to run for election. I'd put money on it her people are hard at work trying to figure out a rebuttal to that one just in-case she decides to run. Also, if she runs, she'll likely be impossible to beat, even with a polarized election. A Christie/Paul ticket would have been the GOP's best shot but Christie pretty much botched that one. The media won't give Paul the time of day, much like they did his father so our hopes lie with the Senate and House, which isn't saying much.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Is this affecting online sales primarily, as the article seems to indicate, or brick and mortar establishments as well?

Not only dealers, but the manufacturers as well. It affects sales AND manufacture. This is why its a huge deal.

Here's some additional commentary on the topic on the Gun Owners of America website:
    http://gunowners.org/alert5222014.htm

Last edited:
    Top Bottom