Obama bypasses Congress in effort to put gun stores out of business.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Targeted? Gun sellers say 'high risk' label from feds cuts off banking options, restricts business - Washington Times

Gun retailers say the Obama administration is trying to put them out of business with regulations and investigations that bypass Congress and choke off their lines of credit, freeze their assets and prohibit online sales.

Honestly, I think in the effort to remove guns from America, they're going to go with the long battle. Make it harder to buy them from shops. Then make it harder/illegal to do private sales. Then wait for all the die-hard gun owners to die out... families to turn in firearms... etc etc. Just a slow weaning off. Stop teaching new kids how the country was founded... the importance of our Constitution... slowly remove 1st amendment...

It's a bit depressing.

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Targeted? Gun sellers say 'high risk' label from feds cuts off banking options, restricts business - Washington Times

Honestly, I think in the effort to remove guns from America, they're going to go with the long battle. Make it harder to buy them from shops. Then make it harder/illegal to do private sales. Then wait for all the die-hard gun owners to die out... families to turn in firearms... etc etc. Just a slow weaning off. Stop teaching new kids how the country was founded... the importance of our Constitution... slowly remove 1st amendment...

It's a bit depressing.

Yep, been saying this same sentiment for a while now. In fact, my daughter came home a couple weeks ago and told me that her 5th grade social studies IStep test had a section on The Bill of Rights. Not surprising, the 2nd, 4th, 9th and 10th amendments were not mentioned. She was very upset.

Emasculate the boys, ignore any teachings of the 2nd and any other pesky rights that get in the .govs way and let the sheep decide it's too much work to know or exercise their rights.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Yep, been saying this same sentiment for a while now. In fact, my daughter came home a couple weeks ago and told me that her 5th grade social studies IStep test had a section on The Bill of Rights. Not surprising, the 2nd, 4th, 9th and 10th amendments were not mentioned. She was very upset.

Emasculate the boys, ignore any teachings of the 2nd and any other pesky rights that get in the .govs way and let the sheep decide it's too much work to know or exercise their rights.

Many Americans won't even exercise for their own health or family, why would "rights" be any different. To Hard! "take effort" ..... hm I see a theme between this and welfare....

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Good example of why the fed.gov shouldn't have any powers but those enumerated in the Constitution. Once the Constitution ceased to be interpreted this way, all bets were off.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

It's a bit depressing.

Luckily for us, Obama can't stay in office long enough for such a plan to work. There is still a little obstacle known as the 22nd Amendment. Obama will be gone in 2 years, long before most gun owners are gone. As far as future administrations are concerned, not that our fight is anywhere near over, but the political ramifications of being anti-gun are certainly making themselves felt, and politicians being politicians, can not ignore that. Obama's administration is an administration of outlaws. Obama may be targeting gun owners, but we do have a system of checks and balances, albeit imperfect, but it isn't totally broken.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    But if the GOP can't find someone to challenge Hillary or whoever that could win....they'll have another 8 yrs of free reign more than likely. Yah Yah Yah, GOP=Dems to some of you...but we know the chance of someone everyone likes on here having a shot in hell of winning is slim to none.

I'm not worried about credit card sales online. I'm more worried about the long term consequences of gun stores going to a bank for a business start up loan and being denied due to the 'risk of the sales'.

Its a very depressing but no surprising article.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I don't even know where to start on that. First off, why is the .gov telling banks who to do business with? It's none of their business. Also, why are online gun sales considered "high-risk"?

Just stay out of people's lives for crying out loud.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    If the NRA can pair up with a banking institution that still has a set of balls willing to stand up to the pressure, that 1 bank could feasibly make billions being the only bank or entity in the firearm field. It's also the biggest $$ maker in O's economy so the only real risk is pissing of dear leader, I see that as admirable. I'd give more to the NRA if they themselves started a banking system for firearm sales.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know Kelly and I believe him. My question, as money is like water, it always finds a way around, why is DOJ going this? It accomplishes absolutely nothing.

I really think it is the lack of real world experience that this Administration has. The only "experience" they have is sitting around in faculty lounges and passing the bong at a brownstone in Manhattan or Georgetown.

They have no idea how a business functions.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If no one has tried, SBA loans are VERY hard to get, whether you sell groceries, or guns! There is a very stringent process, and it takes a long time. Most folks give up and find other sources of financing, or just don't go in to business. My company was started on a shoestring, and now has progressed to a boot string, but even with two years of million dollar sales under my belt, SBA money is still unobtainable for me. Not saying people can't get SBA, I just don't fit the profile of who they want to loan money to.

poberly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I just don't fit the profile of who they want to loan money to.

I think you mean "I just don't fit the political party they want to loan money to." If one can get audited based on conservative views, I don't think it's much of a stretch to deny loans based on party lines.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Any local gun store owners want to weigh in? Any trouble getting financed or small business loans?

There are a lot of dealers over in the FFL section on ar15.com that have difficulty finding a credit card processor because they avoid dealing with the firearms industry.

I have no problem with an individual bank deciding to not do business with a certain economic sector. I don't like the idea of the government telling them that certain sectors are "risky" just because they may seem unsavory to some folks.

Steve.43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Wabash, IN
    I don't even know where to start on that. First off, why is the .gov telling banks who to do business with? It's none of their business. Also, why are online gun sales considered "high-risk"?

Just stay out of people's lives for crying out loud.
    This is why it's called the "progressive movement." The federal government is gradually getting the population of this nation accustomed to the "new fact" that it can unilaterally make laws and policies to regulate everything and everybody. The progressives have, over the past 100 years or so, GRADUALLY eroded the meaning of the constitution to a point where a majority of Americans accept it all as the "new normal." Very few are truly aware of the degree of unconstitutionality being exercised daily by the federal government. And the point is, I'm afraid, that although all of this is illegal, NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM. So it continues, and will continue to continue until someone or something does stop them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There are a lot of dealers over in the FFL section on ar15.com that have difficulty finding a credit card processor because they avoid dealing with the firearms industry.

I have no problem with an individual bank deciding to not do business with a certain economic sector. I don't like the idea of the government telling them that certain sectors are "risky" just because they may seem unsavory to some folks.

Is this affecting online sales primarily, as the article seems to indicate, or brick and mortar establishments as well?

Top Bottom