• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    There is no valid excuse for not belonging to,and contributing to the NRA. (remember,the gov does not support the NRA-only your contributions support the fight for your gun rights)-----------------If every gun owner were a member of the NRA---it would be real quiet in the antis' corner

tallend

REPEAT---There is NO valid reason for not being a member of the NRA

I am Benefactor life-----I regularly contribut to the NRA-ILA

MAKE lots of NRA noise,you can dround out the bs from the Antis

tallend

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    I dropped my NRA membership because it just came off as a money grab. Everyday I was getting tons of emails with dramatic headlines and titles asking for money. They also bombarded me with tons of junk mail sending me 3-4 pieces of mail at least 2 days a week.

when they called me for a renewal, I told them no and to stop calling and sending me stuff as there was already too much. I also told them that I never received the gifts that they were supposed to send when I joined. In all honesty, I really didn't want that stuff at all because it would only add to the clutter but, I felt it was a let down on their part because if they can't send something as simple as that, what are they going to do anywhere else?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    REPEAT---There is NO valid reason for not being a member of the NRA

I am Benefactor life-----I regularly contribut to the NRA-ILA

MAKE lots of NRA noise,you can dround out the bs from the Antis

tallend

Where was the NRA when we had 6 years of a supposedly friendly congress on both sides and a supposedly friendly White House? Oh yes, they were sitting in the corner mumbling 'enforce the existing (unconstitutional) laws, enforce the existing (unconstitutional) laws'.

I hate to rain on your parade, but the NRA has become the Jackson/Sharpton of gun owners' politics.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Where was the NRA when we had 6 years of a supposedly friendly congress on both sides and a supposedly friendly White House? Oh yes, they were sitting in the corner mumbling 'enforce the existing (unconstitutional) laws, enforce the existing (unconstitutional) laws'.

I hate to rain on your parade, but the NRA has become the Jackson/Sharpton of gun owners' politics.

Not to come off as a smart-ass but what's a better choice?? Is there another .org that I need to join? Serious question.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not to come off as a smart-ass but what's a better choice?? Is there another .org that I need to join? Serious question.

I would probably go with one of the smaller and more aggressive groups although I don't really feel comfortable declaring one better than the other. NAGR, GOA, and JPFO come to mind. I can't claim to have what I would consider a comprehensive solution to the question, but I do know that people who want to accomplish something just often enough to remain relevant but don't want to solve the problem hence make themselves obsolete are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

I really like GOA. They keep it short and sweet with their messaging, at least compared to the NRA. Not that I don't like the NRA, I'm just giving you my input on options.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would probably go with one of the smaller and more aggressive groups although I don't really feel comfortable declaring one better than the other. NAGR, GOA, and JPFO come to mind. I can't claim to have what I would consider a comprehensive solution to the question, but I do know that people who want to accomplish something just often enough to remain relevant but don't want to solve the problem hence make themselves obsolete are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

That's EVERY politician EVER ! lol

Top Bottom