• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Well I got my first pair of Oakley sunglasses yesterday at Dicks Sporting Goods.

Oakley Livestrong FLAK JACKET XLJ Cycling Sunglasses available online at Oakley.com

I didn't go with the polarized. After doing research, I found that for bicycling, polarized is a bad thing because it's harder to see obstacles such as water on the road. Polarized = bad for cycling. The guys at the bike shop said the same thing.

So far, I'm loving these things. HUGE difference compared to my Wal-Mart sunglasses!

And they are the ANSI Z87.1, so I have a new pair of shooting glasses too :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I didn't go with the polarized. After doing research, I found that for bicycling, polarized is a bad thing because it's harder to see obstacles such as water on the road. Polarized = bad for cycling. The guys at the bike shop said the same thing.

Very interesting! Way to fit your gear around your needs though. :yesway:

Boiler1529

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Oakleys were the first "real" pair of shades I bought and have been quite durable. I hate picking shades because of my long oval head but found a nice pair rather easily.

imjammin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've got 4 pair and don't wear anything else either. Oakleys are great! Quality sunglasses make a huge difference and I can't see ever going back to cheap ones.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'll be picking up a pair in the duty free shop in the airport. I'm looking for something that will go well with my kilt and cowboy hat.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    lionelmullet.jpg

Last edited:

BIGSHIVES1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Oakley is pretty much all I've ever owned. I'm rockin' the Gas Cans now and love 'em. The sides are great for blocking out the sun and a little extra protection too!!!

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Has anyone ordered sunglasses from Oakley's online custom store? I was just curious about the turnaround time. It says 2-7 business days + shipping time. If true, that's pretty impressive.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Has anyone ordered sunglasses from Oakley's online custom store? I was just curious about the turnaround time. It says 2-7 business days + shipping time. If true, that's pretty impressive.

Not sure on the regular Oakley page, I do know on the Standard Issue page that it is pretty quick. I do know they have great customer service as well. Although there are some things that are back ordered because of so many people ordering them. Usually they let you know that on the webpage or right away.
    I know there was a lady complaining on facebook because she wanted her husband bumped to the front line cause he is so important. Wanted so bad to comment to her that everyone on that page is military, law enforcement, etc, what makes her husband so special that he should be placed in front of the others. But, it wouldnt let me comment on it. Probably for the better cause i could not think what to say without insulting her somehow.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Is it bad that I put my Oakley sunglasses in the house, and used my wal-mart sunglasses when I mowed the yard yesterday?

I didn't want to scratch the lenses with the grass, dirt, and rocks flying everywhere.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Is it bad that I put my Oakley sunglasses in the house, and used my wal-mart sunglasses when I mowed the yard yesterday?

I didn't want to scratch the lenses with the grass, dirt, and rocks flying everywhere.

I dont think those little things would scratch the lens. I know I have dropped mine among other things and never had problems. Granted, I do have a pair of scratched lens on my fireplace, but that was from a IED and it stopped a piece of shrapnel from taking out my eye.

Top Bottom