• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/11/u...?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130211&_r=0

Reminds me of some of my students in China, who thought the CPC could do no wrong. Anytime there was a problem the government could solve it. (To be fair, unlike in America, the federal teat in China is pretty dry compared to the US; no society-wide giveaways like we have.)

Gotta wonder, though, how representative of "youth" the bunch in "non-partisan" "Forward Montana" is.

Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    Not surprised when I was in college in 2004 (I was 26 at the time), my sociology teacher interrupted class one day to allow a speaker to come in and tell us why we should vote for John Kerry and the rest of the Dem party. I was appalled, but I could tell the younger kids were eating it up.

Of course we never heard from representative on the Republican side.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Social issues will be the downfall of our economic house of cards.

When I look at politics, I see two parts. One part is values and morals, the other is financial. For the religious affiliated Republicans, they are dying slowly. The morals and values of the nation are changing, and given the narcissism and greed of people, I doubt we will have any sort of course change anytime soon. Clearly when you look at Republicans, you see a division between urban/suburban and suburban/rural Republicans. Seems like your more rural Republicans are likely to be more concerned with religious and social norms more so than the urban/suburban Republicans. Unfortunately for the party as a whole, too many Republicans, even some on the religious right, have support big government, corporate Fascism, to the point they are no different than many Democrats.

We have really reached a point of no return in terms of going back to "What America used to be." Both Democrats and Republicans have spent so much, they have gotten the government involved with everything. From national defense, to security blankets (healthcare, etc.), to pro-sports and parking garages. Trust me, a lot of these young people see Republicans selling them out to the highest bidder, and that just attaches a big hypocrite label on the party. Half the elected "leaders" have no problem raising taxes so long as private businesses benefit. Most young people don't get to vote in shareholder elections, but they do get to vote for government leadership. It isn't surprising that people are wanting government to take over more and more stuff. If your tax money is going to be taken anyway, why not have a say in who is elected to run things? I think that is where the issue is, there are very little fiscal conservatives left.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Dear God, that one poor young man had to work 40 hours a week to PAY for college? What is this world coming to?

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Dear God, that one poor young man had to work 40 hours a week to PAY for college? What is this world coming to?

I shake my head when I read people who whine about having to work while in school. They don't realize how good that is for them. To graduate with no debt or little debt, to focus your attentions on work and school and not partying, ...

I worked my way through school, too. 56 hours a week, while being married with three kids. In engineering, too, not some namby-pamby liberal arts degree. Kids have it too soft today. :rolleyes:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom