• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    The Remington Nylon series has a bit of a 'cult following'. They have fetched pretty high prices for some time now.

I've had a Remington Nylon 77, the 10 shot magazine K-Mart version of the 66, since I was 18. It was $59,95 including a little 4x scope. I put thousands and thousands of rounds through it in the late 70s and early 80s. I haven't shot it in years. I'd never part with it. I should get it out!

Ruger1022RemNylon77_zpsc62ecfc3.jpg

There were a number of variations on these, a lever action and bolt action.

Remington (Rem.) Nylon .22 Rifles; Nylon 66, 76, 77, 10, 11, 12

:dunno: Isn't it kind of ironic I was a pioneer in the world combat tupperware?

Last edited:

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I remember Remington hired a famous shooter (can't recall who; might have been Lones Wigger?)... when these Nylon 66's were 'newer'... and he shot two different ones and shot at, and hit, something like 1500 2"x2" wooden blocks in the air.... before missing a shot. Not a single FTF or FTE....

Someone was reloading rifle # 1 while he shot rifle #2, and so on. Anyone else here old enough to recall that?

Yep, I remember that. I was about 5 years old. I didn't know Remington from squat though.... I just knew I needed a gun. We went hunting (upland bird & rabbit) almost every weekend, and my prize was the end of the day when Dad would let me shoot cans off a fence with a youth sized .410 single shot. Of course, he had to pull back the hammer to cock it. :) Boy, was I deadly... :D

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    I have a Mohawk Brown Nylon 66 that I got in the 80's. A fun little gun, and a heck of shooter. I must be part of the cult following, because I'm planning on keeping it to the end :)

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Okay, this thread inspired me.

I haven't had my Remington Nylon 77 out in 10 or 15 years. Tonight I dragged it out of the back of the safe. I took it apart and cleaned it. It is quite a design for the 1960s.

Nylon77TakenDown_zps3ebb78f0.jpg

Here I was shopping for a new Walther G22 and I've got this great little Remington that I am neglecting.

I am going to put a scope and sling on this Nylon and shoot some AQTs with it this summer!

Nylon77_zps244ba1da.jpg

Look what I found. It is one of Dad's old Bushnell Scopes. Yeah, it is overkill; but, let's see how this shoots.
    RemingtonNylon77scoped_zps440457a1.jpg

Last edited:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I love it! Seeing someone inspired and getting all 'retro' on us.... :D

The Nylon line was certainly unique at the time, and became pretty popular for a good while.

The design is really 'timeless' and they are as reliable as can be. :yesway:

Top Bottom