• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    OK, after talking yesterday it seems the consensus is that folks are interested in some type of basic First Aid class. Not so much a FORMAL class but an informal list of what should be in a GOOD range first aid kit as well as your general first aid kit (with suggestions on how to upgrade as you go)

There were several people that also express interest in reloading, but haven't done it and are a bit leery of the unknown. The subject of marksmanship was brought up but it was generally agreed that the Appleseed would meet that need. (anyone that was there feel free to correct me if I mis-spoke here)

I think for now we should look at these areas for improvement. The First Aid and the Reloading,As well as attending Appleseed events.

I have been in contact with a local INGO member that I asked if he was willing to help out in the area of First Aid and his response was favorable.

Who is willing to step up and offer to take on teaching the Reloading?

Also I also think it would be a good idea to share contact info with each other so we are able to get ahold of each other outside INGO.

Greg

First Aid classes are a great and pretty easy to teach anywhere. Reloading on the other hand can get more difficult. Are you thinking something like an "introduction" to reloading sorta class? The problem lies in the type of reloading and the equipment involved. For example, I reload to save myself money. I skipped over the single stage presses and went right into a progressive. I currently only reload handgun ammo. Rifle is a whole other ballgame. I know most "old school" reloaders started with simple tools thus causing them to have a deeper understanding of the process. I know that 451_detonics is a very experienced reloader.

I would easily be able to help in an "intro" to reloading class. I would imagine it would be more of an informative explanation with Q&A rather than a hands on kind of thing. Maybe something to get people who are interested started off on the right foot. Now if people were serious about actually starting, I could see a more organized class where everyone buys their own Lee Classic Kit Lee Classic Loader Kit : Cabela's. Now that is something even I would be interested in.

Good ideas........I'll watch as they develop:D

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    here are the levels for a google group

Choose an Access level
    Public - Anyone can read the archives. Anyone can join, but only members can post messages and view the members list. Only managers can create pages and upload files.

Announcement-only - Anyone can read the archives. Anyone can join, but only managers can post messages, view the members list, create pages and upload files.

Restricted - People must be invited to join the group. Only members can post messages, read the archives, view the members list, create pages and upload files. Your group and its archives do not appear in public Google search results or the directory.

The one 1 red is what we want.

I can set it up but what name do you want?

NWI MSG????

I agree on both the restricted group as well as the name NWI MSG. I agree that there will end up being two groups. the general MSG as well as an 'inner' group. I don't think however that they two can't coexist. I mean lets be honest. There are subgroups on INGO also.

As far as an online contact list. I think that is fine,however I also think it would be wise for folks to also keep a hard copy in case they loose there internet connection. This is one of the ideas and suggestions we can talk about/discuss once we get the basic groundwork set up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Baby steps groovatron. Baby steps. An intro to reloading may be all that is needed at the NWI MSG level for right now. Those who like what they hear can then for a smaller gorup to do more "in hands type".

Sub-committees with the NWI MSG may work to help put people with expertises in certain areas in charge of those areas to teach the rest of us.

BTW see your email for the group invite.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 SEP 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sat_18_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Tenative Mini-Appleseed Dates for NWI
    Saturday September 18th
    Sunday, September 26th
    Saturday, October 23rd
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

Where to shoot in NWI (ie Ranges)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132
    NWI MSG
    PM Jediagh your email address to gain access to the Google Group

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I've been reloading for over 20 something years, not sure if that counts for anything... got all my fingers still. Reload pistol, rifle, and shotgun... I think we need to get some info to setup training/classes like we need to know what our interested members here's skills are and what they have a interest to learn. Then maybe just a poll to figure out what class is first, maybe... Hey, Jediagh, if I can be of help with your getting a group online working... let me know. I do own/operate 2 web servers, email servers, etc... and rent rack space out for other peoples servers as part of my business. If you have a idea, share it and we could see what we could do to make it happen... No I'm not trying to get more business, I'm just saying I'm paying for the bandwidth anyway's if I can put something up let me know. Oh, and could you send me whatever link your sending the other guy's as I am interested in taking part on this project...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Lets get everyone that is interested in moving over to the Google Group. Suspect that within the next 20 days we can vote on a "meeting time" so that we all get together and lay out a plan on what we want to focus (topic wise), who can do what in terms of organizing it, etc...

So
    1) Join the Google Group to move this "off INGO" and into a private place
    2) Think of what you would like to do/focus
    3) Start thinking of a small intro for your topic.
    Nothing fancy needed at this point.

I suspect it will go like this...
    Jedi informs the group that he can teach How to build LEGO guns
    3 people show interest and thus Jedi then determines where/when is the best time to give these members a more in-dept talk and show/tell

What we are going to need is first get everyone on the same page in terms of talking (I suspect that Ghost and meneladad along with a few other "smokers" are already doing this at the smoke shop).

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    BW210 is from your neck of the woods.... Gunruner, send Jediagh your email addy and join our google group, I'm sure you will take away as much information as you can certainly provide, looking forward to seeing you in there...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Tagged

Comment:
    I've been looking for someone to show me the ropes on reloading. That would get my first vote. That's only because I am set for medical/trauma training/equipment (however, I'm always seeking to expand that knowledge base). I don't consider myself a good instructor but I would be willing to share what I know on a one-to-one basis with anyone willing to show me the ropes on reloading.

Last edited:

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    I just e-mailed GofW my e-mail address.

I'll be catching up on this thread tomorrow during the day, was away for the long weekend in Oklahoma.

Seems like some are interested in reloading, I'm in extreme NW lake county, and by no means an expert. But I've got a decent setup and could give some pointers and instructions.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I just e-mailed GofW my e-mail address.

I'll be catching up on this thread tomorrow during the day, was away for the long weekend in Oklahoma.

Seems like some are interested in reloading, I'm in extreme NW lake county, and by no means an expert. But I've got a decent setup and could give some pointers and instructions.

And the reply was sent...along with the invite.

Top Bottom