NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They had a big deal about them here a long time ago. They told them not to use the horns. It makes to much noise.
    I have been building a deck for a couple weeks in Schererville. There are signs around a nearby intersection "Train does not blow horn.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have been building a deck for a couple weeks in Schererville. There are signs around a nearby intersection "Train does not blow horn.
    Honestly no need for a train to toot its horn at every intersection.

People should not be idiots.

Those who are idiots pay a price. Sometimes it hurts.

Can we all move along now and get back to talking about Raccoons and their rightful place in the war against Thugs north of US30?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sorry this isn't about train tracks, but one more modification before my trip to northern Michigan this weekend. I found this old microwave cart, and I noticed that when I laid it down, the depth was almost the same as the length of the 4x4's, so I flipped it on its back and added a couple of pieces of plywood to the bottom. Now it's a box that can hold the 4x4's (plus a couple of blankets or my bag of clothes) and it also will be some extra support for when I put the bed down. It doesn't stow away as well as the rubbermaid tote, but I think it's worth it.

1727956142840.png

1727956179453.png

1727956241134.png

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I can hear trains from four miles away at night. I'm not just talking about the horn either. I do not know how anyone lives near tracks in the country.
    Windows open we can hear them from a couple miles away. Strange my Aunt lives a few houses from the tracks and you never hear a train. They go past all the time. I guess what you get used to.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Windows open we can hear them from a couple miles away. Strange my Aunt lives a few houses from the tracks and you never hear a train. They go past all the time. I guess what you get used to.
    I do have to be outside to hear them. It just always amazes me that I can hear them going over the rails from that distance. It's not like it is just empty fields between us either.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I do have to be outside to hear them. It just always amazes me that I can hear them going over the rails from that distance. It's not like it is just empty fields between us either.
    We have a good tree/woods line in between. But when quite in the evening you can hear the rumble.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Trump Derangement Syndrome is alive and well here in Davenport IA. Was getting my car fleet car serviced at the dealership and the news was on. Political discussion ensued. I was astounded at the amount of people who were getting their car serviced that openly wished Trumps shooter would not have missed. Those same people also believed that Trumps ear was not hit and the shooter was unjustly killed. One of the ladies called the shooter a national hero...
    These are the average American Kamala Harris supporters. They are hateful things.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    These are the average American Kamala Harris supporters. They are hateful things.
    And there is no talking to them. You could try, but their mind is trashed. Sometimes I want to stop and help them. Then I realized they are broken to the point of no fixing.

They still wouldn't get it if you asked, if you husband was my boss and I didn't like what he told me to do, would it be ok if I killed him??

You wonder when the government let everyone vote, how many idiots are out there. I voted for this guy because I like his hair. I voted for this person because they look cute. I voted for this one because they are gay. I didn't vote for this person because I don't like their looks.

Top Bottom