NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    October 1st opening day of deer season and my wife’s bday. Yes my daughters and I have gone out hunting on opening day….. and no my wife hasn’t let us forget that. Lol

Oh boy raffle was the one I was leaning towards you really need a license ? :ugh:

If anyone really wanted to donate shells I wouldn’t turn that down. They only get to practice once a week because of the price of shells. They typically shoot 1oz 7.5 or 8 but beggars cannot be choosers.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Anyone have any good ideas for a fundraiser for my girls trap shooting ? Anything I come up with seems like begging and then I see school sports getting tax dollars and fundraisers lol trying to come up with a good one. they are really good and would love to keep them going but ouch $$$ and it is a sport just like any other the problem is we homeschool so no shells or competition entries paid for.
    If you want to go all in it would be wise of you to form a 501c3 and then you can do exempt raffles. This depends how you feel about doing some state paperwork and irs stuff though. Probably about $200 all in for forming the non profit corp, state entity filing and all the other crap. Not hard, but takes a little time/patience. But it does open the door to the charity gaming options. Which clubs do they practice at? GPIW lets kids shoot at cost. Have you considered asking the trap managers for any sponsorship for outside events? (state, region, etc.) Your "problem" is that you are running as individuals. There are far more opportunities for teams in the grant/sponsor/program arena. The best recommendation from me is to shift it from fundraising to sponsoring. Consider creating a team name even though they compete individually. Then use something like owayo to make shirts for them (mock them up and show the perspective sponsor even) I've used owayo before pretty hard to beat the cost for one off custom shirts. Anyway, there's my thoughts.
    Screenshot 2024-10-01 063605.png

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    If you want to go all in it would be wise of you to form a 501c3 and then you can do exempt raffles. This depends how you feel about doing some state paperwork and irs stuff though. Probably about $200 all in for forming the non profit corp, state entity filing and all the other crap. Not hard, but takes a little time/patience. But it does open the door to the charity gaming options. Which clubs do they practice at? GPIW lets kids shoot at cost. Have you considered asking the trap managers for any sponsorship for outside events? (state, region, etc.) Your "problem" is that you are running as individuals. There are far more opportunities for teams in the grant/sponsor/program arena. The best recommendation from me is to shift it from fundraising to sponsoring. Consider creating a team name even though they compete individually. Then use something like owayo to make shirts for them (mock them up and show the perspective sponsor even) I've used owayo before pretty hard to beat the cost for one off custom shirts. Anyway, there's my thoughts.
    View attachment 383980
    We have tried every team within an hour of us. School teams will not allow homeschoolers. Yes I know there was a law passed. But if I made waves like that chances are the kid’s experience on the team would not be great. The 501c3 has came up as a possibility before… our club right now we shoot at is going through some issues. GPIW is about an hour from us.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    We have tried every team within an hour of us. School teams will not allow homeschoolers. Yes I know there was a law passed. But if I made waves like that chances are the kid’s experience on the team would not be great. The 501c3 has came up as a possibility before… our club right now we shoot at is going through some issues. GPIW is about an hour from us.
    I more so meant to present yourself as a team, not try and join an existing one. I've been out of the youth scene for quite some time - https://sssfonline.org/ may have some resources.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    Maybe I haven’t searched hard enough, but I couldn’t find much of anything.
    A lot of the softball teams I've coached with do 'squares' for different sporting events (Super bowl etc). Buy a square, possibly win some money? Not sure how it all works, not my lane.

Top Bottom