NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    So, can you share what your process is of freezing corn?
    I helped my Grandmother for many years. She had a 10x10 2by board with a 16D nail in it. Stab an ear of corn on it and had a corn ring cutter. Corn got scraped in a sandwich style baggy and went in the freezer. Pretty simple.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Fire can spook them, but gas fumes will kill them. I cover with a board. A few around today wandering. At least got my trees planted near them.
    I did that after it had been dark for a few hours. The fumes probably would have done the job alone but if there were any hiding in a branch of the hive where the fumes couldn't reach, they damn well got got when the fire sucked all the oxygen out of the hole

Also any stragglers that didn't make it back by then got the Luke Skywalker Experience (that is, returning to the homestead to find your only known relatives served extra extra crispy)

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I did that after it had been dark for a few hours. The fumes probably would have done the job alone but if there were any hiding in a branch of the hive where the fumes couldn't reach, they damn well got got when the fire sucked all the oxygen out of the hole

Also any stragglers that didn't make it back by then got the Luke Skywalker Experience (that is, returning to the homestead to find your only known relatives served extra extra crispy)
    Ok, that was you.
    tv1217

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I guess I feel Lego's should be Lego's. No they have these kits with special pieces to make these special star wars figures. Each little part has all the pieces in a little baggy. The bike above looks like it is made with super size 3d printed blocks. Dump out a 100 lb drum of Lego's and have them build a bike. Or other big figures. I would be impressed.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    My grandfather told me, find out where they are entering the ground and wait until night when they are all in the nest. He used a qt jar with a cone type top. He would just flip it in. I remember him saying no fire.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    My grandfather told me, find out where they are entering the ground and wait until night when they are all in the nest. He used a qt jar with a cone type top. He would just flip it in. I remember him saying no fire.

Yep. Gasoline in, plug hole with rag and a stick. All dead with few stragglers. Occasionally they'd have a second entrance, and maybe have to do the same thing the next night, but that's rare.

ps. Maybe not as much fun without the flames, but very effective. I think the fumes saturate better without the flame.

Top Bottom