NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I went to a 40th birthday at Aurelio's one year. Accommodated a large group.
    Aurelios happens to be my favorite pizza place. Only have had at the Winfield and Portage locations and I found Winfield was better.
    Looks like the CP location accepts reservations as well

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Aurelios happens to be my favorite pizza place. Only have had at the Winfield and Portage locations and I found Winfield was better.
    Looks like the CP location accepts reservations as well

NO TO AURELIOS!

those a...hol...charge a "service fee" for using a credit card and there is no sign or information about this.

When I emailed and wrote them a letter about this (at the Munster location) no one ever replied about it.

F.... THEM!
    never again and jedi likes there pizza.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

NO TO AURELIOS!

those a...hol...charge a "service fee" for using a credit card and there is no sign or information about this.

When I emailed and wrote them a letter about this (at the Munster location) no one ever replied about it.

F.... THEM!
    I pay cash for everything I purchase in person so would have no idea on that.

Alot of places are going to this. I get 2-3 companies a week stop or call the shop and want me to switch to their cc machine. Charges the consumer instead of the business. I won't switch to that.

Imagine going to pay a $3-5k dollar job and another 3.5% is tacked on. It's also why I offer a cash discount. Those cc fees are rolled into my upfront pricing, so if I don't have to pay those fees, you get that discounted by paying in cash

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I pay cash for everything I purchase in person so would have no idea on that.

Alot of places are going to this. I get 2-3 companies a week stop or call the shop and want me to switch to their cc machine. Charges the consumer instead of the business. I won't switch to that.

Imagine going to pay a $3-5k dollar job and another 3.5% is tacked on. It's also why I offer a cash discount. Those cc fees are rolled into my upfront pricing, so if I don't have to pay those fees, you get that discounted by paying in cash
    I do NOT mind paying the fee ***IF*** I know about it upfront be it via a sign at the door, notice on the menu, on the website, etc..

I can then make the decision to pay via credit card or bring cash for it.

When a businesses just tacks it on without saying sh..t about it that businesses is an as..ho... and I will not visit them.

To add insult even after communicating with them and then remain silent then f.... them...

I will NOT ever give them money again.

(And note I have broken character and not talking in the 3rd person as this topic is so important)

F.... them!!!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Looking for ideas on places in the Crown Point area for the next meet n eat (other than Scoops) that can accommodate a larger gathering.

Been Google searching and there's definitely some places around that look good and seem to have reasonable menu prices but I don't thing I've ever had anything out that way other than Schoops or Zels.

Here's what I have so far:

Gelsosomos
    Pappas Restaurant and Bar
    Station 21
    Jaxs Crown Town

I have a friend that owns Wild Rose Brewery as well in Griffith and I know he'd accommodate us without issue

Any other suggestions or if any of the places listed above suck, let me know
    Based on distance, Wild Rose is on the edge of being too for for me,but I might be able to make it. Nelson is is more doable.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

NO TO AURELIOS!

F.... THEM!
    Neither crown point or cedar lake Aurelios’s do this.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Carriage Court pizza attached to Crown Brewery in CP could be a possibility. Not sure.
    I was looking into them after your mention of this place. Looks like they offer 10% off for groups over 4 on Saturdays, excluding alcohol. So added bonus there.

Anyone have input as far as quality of any of the mentioned places so far. Of those mentioned I've only ever eaten at gelsosomos and Aurelios but never at the CP location.

Got a good list of NOT SCHOOPS going though :lmfao:

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I was looking into them after your mention of this place. Looks like they offer 10% off for groups over 4 on Saturdays, excluding alcohol. So added bonus there.

Anyone have input as far as quality of any of the mentioned places so far. Of those mentioned I've only ever eaten at gelsosomos and Aurelios but never at the CP location.

Got a good list of NOT SCHOOPS going though :lmfao:
    I used to get Carriage Court when I worked in the CP garage. The alchohol comes from the brewery next to it and is
    a different business so they have no control over liquor discounts.

Top Bottom