NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Dinner at the End Zone and about time to head to the kids last performance at the football game. Senior night and last home game. Then unto basketball season which is really spread out, but she now joined orchestra as well for the high school plays. Plus have ISHMA performances coming soon as well.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    The challenge is the difference in laws across state lines and trying to remember them all as one travels.

Its a pain but jedi understands why and is unsure jedi would be willing to be in favor of uniformity.
    I don’t want uniformity I see what federal law does. I don’t know of a state I can’t travel with a standard mag and firearm just how it is stored makes the difference

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don’t want uniformity I see what federal law does. I don’t know of a state I can’t travel with a standard mag and firearm just how it is stored makes the difference
    Travel thru and being "in" the state on visit are 2 different things.

Our neighbors next door, IL, it's not wise to be "in" with your gun. NJ, NY, CA are others to name a few.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Are you talking a tin roof??
    :dunno:
    Not jedis place.

Having seen his setup this very simple design would work to easily remove and cut the grass area.

Screenshot_20241004_202907_Opera.jpg

Now this would be much better and fancier but way more work.

Screenshot_20241004_202937_Opera.jpg

The wood structure is a medium level project. The cement is the harder part. No way a truck is getting back there for the pad. No power out that far either for ab electrical mixer. Heck no water out that far either. So it's gonna be all manual labor to mix and do that pad I suspect.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I thought you were asking an actual question. My mistake.
    I was asking the question if people on city water knew where their main (road side) shutoff is. Must be different in your area. Here the valve knobs are above ground and almost all the meters we have are inside the house. The knobs are on a shaft that goes below ground to shut off the valve.

We get frost down 4 foot plus, so the meter can't be too close to the surface.

The knobs (if that what they are called, about a 3" circle of steel) are usually flush with the ground, but may be covered up with dirt and grass over the years. I found mind by accident when I was leveling the yard by a new driveway.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    :dunno:
    Not jedis place.

Having seen his setup this very simple design would work to easily remove and cut the grass area.

View attachment 384933

Now this would be much better and fancier but way more work.

View attachment 384934

The wood structure is a medium level project. The cement is the harder part. No way a truck is getting back there for the pad. No power out that far either for ab electrical mixer. Heck no water out that far either. So it's gonna be all manual labor to mix and do that pad I suspect.
    gas powered generator to power the mixer

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    No power out that far either for ab electrical mixer. Heck no water out that far either. So it's gonna be all manual labor to mix and do that pad I suspect.
    Ok, I was thinking a range style roof... I will see if I find a picture. BTW if it was me... I would use an electric mixer with a generator. My mixer has a small motor so it does not draw a lot of power. I would fill a few 55 gallon barrels (after they were put in the back of a truck).

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I need to get out more... The short ranges I seen have a roof like this made of concrete for bullet deflection. I was not thinking just a tin rain roof.

Lewisville_Firing_Range_04.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok, I was thinking a range style roof... I will see if I find a picture. BTW if it was me... I would use an electric mixer with a generator. My mixer has a small motor so it does not draw a lot of power. I would fill a few 55 gallon barrels (after they were put in the back of a truck).
    Again not jedis place.
    So no clue what KLB had in mind.
    He does have a tractor so bring water to the location is doable with that green thing. :)

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Again not jedis place.
    So no clue what KLB had in mind.
    I am not worried about rain, more about the hassle of mosquitos.

BTW I built the range the opposite. Railroad ties and dirt behind it. The ties have taken a beating, but doing well. The 3 leg table worked out really well. Very solid. I used plastic deck boards. Squirrels love to chew on it. Darn critters.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    In other news.....Repeter hooked me up when I traded him my sr9 for my g19 I sold to him years back when my divorce started. He found an extra slide for the threaded barrel that was included and threw an older holosun 507 on top. I believe he upgraded the guts and the cherry on top was he was going to just give it all back to me and not ask for a single cent.

I pulled the trigger on a grit grips g19 blem frame to complete the factory slide.
    I totally forgot, trigger is upgraded to an APEX as well.

Top Bottom