NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Needed a new battery for the lawn tractor. Figured it would be about $65, give or take a bit. My lawn tractor takes a fairly large battery, but still.

With TAX and a credit for core-trade in on my old battery, price was $208.

WTF, I thought the gubmint said this "inflation" was only 'transitory' and would not last?

:wallbash:
    Bought a new battery for the road glide Friday, $224 out the door. Bought the last one in 2020, $142 out the door.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    So the 60th Anniversary Ruger 10/22 is prolly the best model they have ever released. It is stupid accurate with the Weaver 3-9 scope on it. I tried it out with the rear peep/front blade too. Definitely a cut above the standard Ruger sights. The stock feels really good. I'll have to buy some swivel studs so I can use a sling with it. The trigger from the factory has the best trigger pull on any 10/22 platform outside of say the volquartsin. I checked the other 60th model the gun shop has, and it's trigger is just as good. I'm suspecting they put the BX trigger into it.

If any of you ladies or gents wanted the Ruger 50th Anniversary 10/22 Contest Winner and could not get your hands on one, I suggest picking up one of the 60th Anniversary models.

l11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2023
    NWI
    Does anyone know how I can get my foot in the door in a union? Remove if not allowed; I just don’t know anyone that’s in. I really want to get into an apprenticeship in NWI. I only have general manager experience so I think they wouldn’t give someone like me a chance

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Does anyone know how I can get my foot in the door in a union? Remove if not allowed; I just don’t know anyone that’s in. I really want to get into an apprenticeship in NWI. I only have general manager experience so I think they wouldn’t give someone like me a chance
    Have you already gone to the union hall of the union that you want to join? Are you even lazy enough to succeed in the union? Do you hate those paying you money enough? Can you complain about having to do the smallest easiest jobs enough? And finally can you stand being the one doing the work with 3 different supervisors trying to explain how to do the job the wrong way?

l11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2023
    NWI
    Have you already gone to the union hall of the union that you want to join? Are you even lazy enough to succeed in the union? Do you hate those paying you money enough? Can you complain about having to do the smallest easiest jobs enough? And finally can you stand being the one doing the work with 3 different supervisors trying to explain how to do the job the wrong way?

I printed out copies of my resume today and will be going around to halls where I am interested in within the next few days. I doubt they’re open tomorrow. I love hard work and learning. I’ve dealt with being pulled in different directions lol it’s funny to me, but I do as I’m told.

I applied to ironworkers local 395 last week

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I printed out copies of my resume today and will be going around to halls where I am interested in within the next few days. I doubt they’re open tomorrow. I love hard work and learning. I’ve dealt with being pulled in different directions lol it’s funny to me, but I do as I’m told.

I applied to ironworkers local 395 last week
    If you love hard work, and learning, then you will get grieved out of the union in no time. To succeed in a union, you have to hate hard work, and never learn the proper ways of doing things. And just wait till you are in a union and you have to work with another union. Then it is not about the work at all, but who can file the most grievances against the other.

l11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2023
    NWI
    If you love hard work, and learning, then you will get grieved out of the union in no time. To succeed in a union, you have to hate hard work, and never learn the proper ways of doing things. And just wait till you are in a union and you have to work with another union. Then it is not about the work at all, but who can file the most grievances against the other.
    Hahahaha never learning the proper ways of doing things xD thank you for the insight. The last part about working with a different union is interesting. I don’t think I’d leave the union if I get an opportunity. I’m done managing restaurants and want to learn some useful skills. I don’t think any union would give me a chance since I don’t have the experience or know anyone. People say it’s hard to get in

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    @l11 - don't be put off by this nonsense. No different than saying that everyone who owns a gun is an evil baby killer. Gross generalization.

Good luck in your job search.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Quit going to the 500 last year after about 35 years. They made it such a pita the previous 3 years to get in and out just wasn’t worth it. Enjoying watching last years race as we were camping last year and missed it.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Hahahaha never learning the proper ways of doing things xD thank you for the insight. The last part about working with a different union is interesting. I don’t think I’d leave the union if I get an opportunity. I’m done managing restaurants and want to learn some useful skills. I don’t think any union would give me a chance since I don’t have the experience or know anyone. People say it’s hard to get in
    Perhaps the unions in NWI are different than the unions in Central Indiana. They are super easy to get in here. You apply to them, pay your money, get accepted, and wait for call for a job. They are happy to take your money. Now some people wait for 6 months to a year just to become a temp. Then you have a year or two of temping before you have the seniority to bid on a full time position. But once you have a full time position, you have training on a good shift, and as soon as you are trained, you get sent to the worst shifts. There you will stay till you have enough seniority to bid on a better shift.

Wait till you have to play politics with the unions. Then you get to learn about greasing palms to get things done in a timely manor.

l11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2023
    NWI
    Perhaps the unions in NWI are different than the unions in Central Indiana. They are super easy to get in here. You apply to them, pay your money, get accepted, and wait for call for a job. They are happy to take your money. Now some people wait for 6 months to a year just to become a temp. Then you have a year or two of temping before you have the seniority to bid on a full time position. But once you have a full time position, you have training on a good shift, and as soon as you are trained, you get sent to the worst shifts. There you will stay till you have enough seniority to bid on a better shift.

Wait till you have to play politics with the unions. Then you get to learn about greasing palms to get things done in a timely manor.
    Interesting. Thank you. What are the worst shifts? I am aiming for an apprenticeship somewhere if I can get in. I'm not looking forward to a pay cut but, it is what it is. I am intrigued by the last part of your response :eek:

l11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2023
    NWI
    In what?
    Electrical?
    Plumbing?
    Machinist?
    Welding?

So far, I applied for to be an apprentice ironworker. I was looking into machinist and millwright as well. I always found welding interesting. One of my friend’s dad is a union welder and is often laid off. I’m not sure if it’s the union or if he’s the problem, though. Plumbing seems okay too. I’ve only done small things such as changing faucets and toilets.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Interesting. Thank you. What are the worst shifts? I am aiming for an apprenticeship somewhere if I can get in. I'm not looking forward to a pay cut but, it is what it is. I am intrigued by the last part of your response :eek:
    It is pretty common for people to get sent to 3rd shift, 11:30pm to 8am. Second shift is only a little better 2pm to 12:30am. Worst shifts to be on, especially in the winter as the roads are not traveled as much or plowed as much.

Reactions: l11
    Top Bottom