• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    The United States Postal Service can go **** itself. This ******** just feels intentional now.

View attachment 327926

Yep. Major malfunction between all these "distribution" centers. I've got a letter in one of the USPS official expedited envelopes that went from Schererville to Elk Grove Village distribution (which I'd never heard of after 38 years in the mail biz), then onto Bedford Park for several days, and now in Chicago distribution. I mailed on Thursday and it's supposed to be heading south to Indy.

Regional Postmaster must be so proud.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    More icy patches on the roads today than yesterday. Just goes to show, that like everything our .gov does, school closures are just for show and not safety.

On a unrelated but adjacent topic. I realized I forgot to grab a package that I had to drop off after taking the kids to school. Got back home and ran in the house to grab it. It was in the basement so I took a step down the stairs and reached for the light switch - not grabbing the handrail. Missed the switch as my wet heel slid off the top stair at same time, and ended up falling about 1/2-3/4 of the way down the stairs. Heard my back crack a couple times and it knocked the wind out of me for a couple seconds. I think I'm going to feel this later today or tomorrow, going to make my drive to Toledo this afternoon pleasant.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    … It was in the basement so I took a step down the stairs and reached for the light switch - not grabbing the handrail. Missed the switch as my wet heel slid off the top stair at same time, and ended up falling about 1/2-3/4 of the way down the stairs. Heard my back crack a couple times and it knocked the wind out of me for a couple seconds. I think I'm going to feel this later today or tomorrow, going to make my drive to Toledo this afternoon pleasant.
    It’s hell to be old like you :fogey:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Check your sump pumps if you have them.

Ours wasn't quite keeping up since the discharge was dumping it right next to the house. Got it redirected, and now we are getting around to finally cleaning the basement. :n00b:
    Grew up in a house that would flood when the pump failed.

Nasty.

Built our house on a hill for a reason, no sump pump needed here :oldwise:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Pretty hefty roof leak at the shop showed itself today. Right above the office of course. Had to think on my toes and devise something to at least divert the leaks to the ground. If you look at the corner of the galvanized box youll see the stream of water. I'm guessing around a gallon per minute. Roofer will be there in the morning
    20240124_150330.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Most people I know use Talon Grips. They have never complained about them saying they stay put.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Check your sump pumps if you have them.

Ours wasn't quite keeping up since the discharge was dumping it right next to the house. Got it redirected, and now we are getting around to finally cleaning the basement. :n00b:
    That's why my neighbor and I trenched pipe out to the ditch out by the road. Get that water from the sump pump and gutters away from the house!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Pretty hefty roof leak at the shop showed itself today. Right above the office of course. Had to think on my toes and devise something to at least divert the leaks to the ground. If you look at the corner of the galvanized box youll see the stream of water. I'm guessing around a gallon per minute. Roofer will be there in the morning
    View attachment 328061
    Indoor plumbing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom