• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Honestly I hate to see buses running. They are a horrible waste of taxpayer dollars. Especially if you don't have children currently in school. Honestly all parents should have to drop off and pick up their own children so the rest of the taxpayers are not burdened. If buses do run, then the parents should have to pay for the daily service. The point is tax payers without kids should not be burdened financially with the transport of crotch goblins.
    Or burdened with paying for schools through their property taxes. You had 'em, you pay. Can't afford it? Guess
    they will be uneducated dumb f's and Darwin will take over.

you don’t have to hate kids to agree with this. People shouldn’t be forced to pay for things for other people. The part that is funny to me is the private sector ALWAYS does it better.

always my example… state rest areas along the highway…. Yes they are convenient but that is because they have special exits and use eminent domain to acquire prime locations. When have you walked into a state rest area and thought wow this is really nice and taken care of…..? You could probably count the times on one hand….. and on the other hand you walk into loves, buccees, pilot, etc etc and they have a NICE facility. (More often than state ran tax funded rest stops) I am in no way saying all gas stations and truck stops are nice lol but they are paid for by people that USE them atleast and often times much nicer.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    What guidelines?
    If ANYTHING is even SLIGHTLY uncomfortable, we must PROTECT THE CHILDREN.
    Basically for weather related events schools have to follow a state-mandated formula on closures. So you have to protect people from themselves. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people standing at the bus stop with flip flops and shorts and sub-zero temperatures. Plus, school busses here do not have proper fluids for colder temps and their airbreaks freeze up.

Now, with the invention and "convenience" of eLearning, you have many miss out on adversity and their chance to win the Darwin Award. Hence the reason you have the news ANNUALLY trying to teach you how to handle the elements. Literally the same advice every season, every year.

Quite a lot of kids are in charge of getting their siblings up and to school while there parents are long gone to work or sleeping one off. One of my favorites is a call to school demanding to speak with their child because they couldn't find the TV remote. :rolleyes:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Honestly I hate to see buses running. They are a horrible waste of taxpayer dollars. Especially if you don't have children currently in school. Honestly all parents should have to drop off and pick up their own children so the rest of the taxpayers are not burdened. If buses do run, then the parents should have to pay for the daily service. The point is tax payers without kids should not be burdened financially with the transport of crotch goblins.
    Under state law, schools can discontinue transportation services if they provide three years notice to the public or are granted a waiver by the Indiana Department of Education.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The "only pay tax for what you use" premise is stupid and unsustainable when you take an honest look at it. Of course you are just cherry picking public school and services.
    As for public sector always doing it better - sure where apples to apples, but that's a narrow segment also when you actually think about it. Rest stops don't sell gas or anything outside of some vending machines generally and no, i've never seen much if any difference in the quality of their urinal vs a gas station, if anything rest stops tend to be cleaner in my experience, but admittedly, I do not frequent them.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Rest stops are generally in areas that do not have other stops with amenities nearby. Some have stuff build up relatively nearby after they are built. Some are just built in stupid places.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    The "only pay tax for what you use" premise is stupid and unsustainable when you take an honest look at it. Of course you are just cherry picking public school and services.
    As for public sector always doing it better - sure where apples to apples, but that's a narrow segment also when you actually think about it. Rest stops don't sell gas or anything outside of some vending machines generally and no, i've never seen much if any difference in the quality of their urinal vs a gas station, if anything rest stops tend to be cleaner in my experience, but admittedly, I do not frequent them.
    Rest stops don’t need to sell anything….. everything is paid for. Forcibly. Admittedly since using the side of the road is frowned upon I frequent both, often. And there is no contest. And I don’t see how people paying for what they use is stupid? Example???

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Rest stops are generally in areas that do not have other stops with amenities nearby. Some have stuff build up relatively nearby after they are built. Some are just built in stupid places.
    I think you would be hard pressed to find a rest stop that doesn’t have a truck stop within 15-20 minutes

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Doesn't mean classes won't get canceled. Back in the day, many a time I trudged to class to see a sign posted that class was canceled for x, y, z. Now they get texts and such.
    Classes not cancelled there. Kids can trudge. Now the ones who wear man buns, rely on those skateboard like scooters, and can't figure out their own bathroom might be piled up in the ditches along side the pedestrian crossing after being confused on how to turn into a slide?
    :fogey:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    You've never driven across Texas.

Plus, you forgot the part about when they were built.
    When they were built...? You mean like the atrocities that Indiana is in the process or tearing down and rebuilding along 65? Completely unnecessary and ugly to boot.

Can I get a list of all those sanitary gas stations? I drive 3,000 miles per month, I avoid gas station rest rooms as much as possible.
    Most of the bigger truck stops are pretty clean, Speedways are usually pretty good, its the franchised stations that are normally less than optimal. I still prefer using a hotel lobby on trips if I can find one where i need it close enough to the interstate.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Or burdened with paying for schools through their property taxes. You had 'em, you pay. Can't afford it? Guess
    they will be uneducated dumb f's and Darwin will take over.
    You know schools are the new form.of slavery right?

They were not designed for learning. They were designed to indoctrination.
    At the beginning it was to instill an 8 hour "work" day into the students that they would go into once they graduated.

Now it's to install born a male but feel like a girl is ok, born a girl but want to.be a boy tomorrow, girl the next is ok, feeeeelllliinngggss are more important than reality, etc..

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Can I get a list of all those sanitary gas stations? I drive 3,000 miles per month, I avoid gas station rest rooms as much as possible.
    I don't drive as much as you do, and never did, but at least in this area I have found that gas station rest rooms are very hit or miss. It just depends on whether it is a priority to the owner/manager. The cleanest rest rooms I have found consistently are at McDonald's. Clean, well-supplied, and most in this area have full walls and doors on the stalls rather than just steel partitions, so lots of privacy (which maybe women value more than men, because we don't want anyone to know that we poop).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom