Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Wife wanted to go to Big Time Burger + Brew. Tell you what, barely anything is open on a Tuesday past a fast food chain. 4 couples in the bar area, so if you are avoiding people, Tuesday it is.
    Cheese curds and fried pickels were light and tasty. Both of us got a side Caesar salad, with our sandwich, which was pretty big alone. I'd hate to see the full. She said her bourbon steak sandwich was good and could only eat half. My burger was topped with brisket, onions, bacon, and an egg. Unfortunately, the sauce was too sweat on the brisket and I couldn't taste the burger. Couple Bells stouts were good as always.

Now, if a $70 tab without tip is not your thing, there is the info you need. The trip satisfied her curiosity. Highly doubtful we'll go back. Take this information for what it's worth.

Portage

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Wife wanted to go to Big Time Burger + Brew. Tell you what, barely anything is open on a Tuesday past a fast food chain. 4 couples in the bar area, so if you are avoiding people, Tuesday it is.
    Cheese curds and fried pickels were light and tasty. Both of us got a side Caesar salad, with our sandwich, which was pretty big alone. I'd hate to see the full. She said her bourbon steak sandwich was good and could only eat half. My burger was topped with brisket, onions, bacon, and an egg. Unfortunately, the sauce was too sweat on the brisket and I couldn't taste the burger. Couple Bells stouts were good as always.

Now, if a $70 tab without tip is not your thing, there is the info you need. The trip satisfied her curiosity. Highly doubtful we'll go back. Take this information for what it's worth.

Portage
    We went there a few weeks ago, food was good but a bit overpriced. They had trivia going so that was somewhat annoying, and then according to the manager their HVAC system has some issue so there was an annoying high pitched screech every few minutes. It sounded like speaker feedback. Summer time would be a better time to go when the heat isn't running.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Not for lack of trying but none of the overelaborate Rube Goldberg devices panned out. I'll try painting a tunnel on a solid wall next.
    Drop off your spiders at his house. He will die of apoplexy or a heart attack. They should be OK as long as his girlfriend isn't there to kill them for him.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Stupid stupid FedEx driver. I bought a microwave from Walmart and ended up returning it. I opted for FedEx to pick it up for free. Young guy with hiphop blasting from the truck rang the doorbell and then went and stood in the driveway. I answered the door and he said "pickup". I went in and picked up the microwave and went to the door. He was still standing in the driveway by the truck. I guess he expected me to open the front door, walk down the steps, and carry it out to his truck. I not-so-politely let him know that he could come up to the door and get it.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What u want da yodths 2 work?
    Get real. He is just a driver. He drives the truck. Putting packages on the truck is not his job. That is yours. ;)

In other news.
    Window is still doing an update on the laptop (win 10) it's been going for 2 hours now. Ugh..

Have not turned on the laptop since Sept 2023 guess windows did not like that.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Stupid stupid FedEx driver. I bought a microwave from Walmart and ended up returning it. I opted for FedEx to pick it up for free. Young guy with hiphop blasting from the truck rang the doorbell and then went and stood in the driveway. I answered the door and he said "pickup". I went in and picked up the microwave and went to the door. He was still standing in the driveway by the truck. I guess he expected me to open the front door, walk down the steps, and carry it out to his truck. I not-so-politely let him know that he could come up to the door and get it.
    Damn millennial's not wanting to bring a package out to the poor driver, making his life harder. No work ethic in these rude millennials and not being polite to the workers they need, more than the workers need them.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    More than once I have been in a gas station or convenience store and some youngster was working the counter.
    They were not going to do their job to wait on a customer until they finished their texting. At one place,
    the gas station on 49 and 10 I believe, a female customer actually started saying something to this kid. No work ethic whatsoever.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Wife decided we need some large floating shelves doe the kid's play room. She removed some things from the wall and damaged one spot. She's currently fixing it and needs 1 more coat of paint. I assembled a book case for her scrapbook room, then helped the kid start to assemble his lego U505 sub from MSI.

Tomorrow should be interesting. I get my tooth extracted, so we'll see what I feel like afterwards. I'm tired of tooth pain. Shelves may or may not get put up. Kid's buddy is supposed to come over tomorrow after the wife's haircut. I was hoping for snow so I could take them sledding. Whole bunch of we'll see tomorrow.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Sounds like a FedEx Ground driver. They're contractors to FedEx and they suck. The corporate employed drivers would have probably offered to carry it out the house if you wanted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom