Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Wellness I guess I need to put on 100# and buy a pair of sweat pants and an Unkle Mike's hoster.

I go to Walmart a couple of times a month.

How much stuff do you buy not made in China?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Wellness I guess I need to put on 100# and buy a pair of sweat pants and an Unkle Mike's hoster.

I go to Walmart a couple of times a month.

How much stuff do you buy not made in China?
    Oh I’m not knocking the products, everything is crap nowadays, the clientele is what keeps me out of the store. Been a while but I’m usually angry in the parking lot because of idiots before I ever get to a parking spot, it typically goes downhill from there. :lmfao:

If forced, the valpo location is typically drama free

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Meijer for the win
    Gross!!!

What jedi has found that works when shopping at Walmart is the following.

1. Use the Rakuten app
    www.rakuten.com/r/JEDIAG3?eeid=44753

To activate a 1% to 10% cash back for Walmart depending on categories.

2. The Rakuten app will take you to the Walmart website so you are shop online and then checkout using curbside pickup.

3. Use a CC on the Walmart website with points, jedi citibank card give 2% at gas stations and grocery store (hammond Walmart if you buy food is classified as grocery)

So now we are at 3% to 12% in cash back from.w sources.

4. Set a date and time (1 hour window) to pick up stuff.

5. Get to hammond parking lot and park in slot 1 to 36 and either txt walmart or use the walmart app to let them know you arrive.

6. You wait for the clerk to check you in and bring your stuff and drive away. During the week it's a 15 to 20 min wait and you never have to deal with the other guest, or the slow cashiers, etc.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Haven't been in a Wally World in a minimum of 10 years after they got political. Darn, I guess my merchandise won't have to smell like Subway.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Gross!!!

What jedi has found that works when shopping at Walmart is the following.

1. Use the Rakuten app
    www.rakuten.com/r/JEDIAG3?eeid=44753

To activate a 1% to 10% cash back for Walmart depending on categories.

2. The Rakuten app will take you to the Walmart website so you are shop online and then checkout using curbside pickup.

3. Use a CC on the Walmart website with points, jedi citibank card give 2% at gas stations and grocery store (hammond Walmart if you buy food is classified as grocery)

So now we are at 3% to 12% in cash back from.w sources.

4. Set a date and time (1 hour window) to pick up stuff.

5. Get to hammond parking lot and park in slot 1 to 36 and either txt walmart or use the walmart app to let them know you arrive.

6. You wait for the clerk to check you in and bring your stuff and drive away. During the week it's a 15 to 20 min wait and you never have to deal with the other guest, or the slow cashiers, etc.
    Aren’t they notorious for missing/wrong items?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    jedi has been doing this method since Thanksgiving at the hammond store without any issues.

Started off with just hard goods (toys, cookware, soap) stuff you could not really mess up.

Then tried food (not produce) such as box of cookies, cereal xyz.

The last fee orders have been for some produce (limes, tomatoes, bananas) all the stuff they gave me was alright. No black spots on bananas, tomatoes were nice, etc.

Best of all if they don't have an item 95% of the time they will ship it for free within 2 days.

There is now even an option to allow substitution but jedi always sayd no. I want specific items or brands.

Yes at the start when my sis was using them back in 2021/2022 they had lots of errors or you would end up with free stuff (ordered laundry detergent and would end up with double the order etc..)

Seems walmart finally figured this out, gor more staff devoted to just doing this.

Note you have to order $35+ in order to not be charged a $7 processing fee.

jedi thinks if you get the walmart+ membership they waive this unsure. Never have had a membership and won't. Too cheap to do that. :)

Same with Amazon.

jedi just plans ahead and lumps items together to get over the $35 mark or it waits till jedi has enough stuff to order.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Beet of all this keeps one on budget.
    Too many times ones goes into the store for say bread, milk and eggs and ends up walking out with xyz items and $100 bill.

No impulse buying this way. Since u r not inside the store. :)

As for cold items they put those in a cold area in the staging area as well for you. jedi has ordered ice cream to test it out and yes it's frozen when given to jedi.

What jedi has noticed on the app as one checks out is the app will have a "forgetting anything" section and will show you items you bought weeks or months ago that you may now need again. The app version of getting you to buy more.

Now if only aldi had this vs the instant cart crap they use.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have placed dozens of orders to Walmart.com, and the worst that has happened is a couple of dented soup cans which they credited. Another thing I like is when you opt for free shipping with a $35 purchase, they often DoorDash all or part of it to you the same day because it's cheaper than shipping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom