• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Need suggestions for a good cigar for my BIL. That's all he told my wife, he likes a good cigar, not a lot of information on what he likes. Need to see Bob and show the wife the selection there.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Need suggestions for a good cigar for my BIL. That's all he told my wife, he likes a good cigar, not a lot of information on what he likes. Need to see Bob and show the wife the selection there.

A Tabak Especial is a "good" cigar. Onyx Reserve is another, you could always splurge and go expensive with a God of Fire (my favorite expensive cigar) or a opus x lost city.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A Tabak Especial is a "good" cigar. Onyx Reserve is another, you could always splurge and go expensive with a God of Fire (my favorite expensive cigar) or a opus x lost city.

I'm not around much because fencing season started up. Practice every day, tournaments every saturday. Plus, this week I have a wake and funeral for one of my best friends who died WAY TOO YOUNG.

"GOOD CIGAR" is really a tough thing to define.

Ashton and Macanudo Cafe are good MILD cigars. Well known, well respected, cigars that impress most people.

Montecristo, Romeo & Julietta, Rocky Patel and Punch are good MEDIUM to FULL BODIED cigars. Again, all are well known, well respected brands. Each has several series that range in intensity.

Any of the above would make very nice "gifts" for someone.

As Andy said, Tabak Especial is a wonderful cigar, easy to smoke, great flavor. It is a coffee infused cigar and is somewhat sweet, its probably the finest of the infused/flavored cigars and is a premium cigar. It comes in NEGRA, which is what Andy and I would choose, it has a black maduro wrapper and is nice and mild. There is also a light wrapper DULCE version with a light wrapper, but its very sweet, many find it too sweet.

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    9mn at Hammond Walmart.
    Umc 250 pack for about $75-80
    Winchester 100ct for $27
    Federal steel for $10
    Precision cartrige (?) Brass for $14