Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Meh, I don't see the big deal about Schoops. Definitely good, but not spectacular. Especially for the price.

I think their prices have about doubled in that past few years. I guess the price of everything has gone up. Seems like a burger used to be about $2.99 and fries were $1.49.

I sound like one of those old farts that say "I remember when a candy bar was a nickel..." :fogey:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think their prices have about doubled in that past few years. I guess the price of everything has gone up. Seems like a burger used to be about $2.99 and fries were $1.49.

I sound like one of those old farts that say "I remember when a candy bar was a nickel..." :fogey:

You said it not us. :p

@Larry
    No idea why the donut won't come out. I was able to lower it 3/4 of the way but it was stuck on something and would not come out further.
    I was in the Strak & Van Till Parking lot and someone gave me a hand by using a portable air compressor that got me back up and running.
    Got to the tire place by Meijer's and bought 2 new back tires. The passenger side needed to be change anyways.
    Got bakc home all **was** ok.

1 hr later try to start the van up to move and it would NOT turn on. :xmad:
    The battery is dead. :faint:
    FML!

Off to get the battery looked at.
    Anyone have a time machine so I can just stay in bed today. :rofl:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Shoops prices are out of control for the quality (or lack) of the food they serve.
    I will glady pay $13.75 for a sunrise burger with fries at Gibson's, but that burnt grizzle they call a burger at Shoops at the $7.50 area with bacon and another $2.70 for fries? Keep it... blech. :puke:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Shoops prices are out of control for the quality (or lack) of the food they serve.
    I will glady pay $13.75 for a sunrise burger with fries at Gibson's, but that burnt grizzle they call a burger at Shoops at the $7.50 area with bacon and another $2.70 for fries? Keep it... blech. :puke:

Gibson is where? :dunno:
    Schoops was my go to place but after the last visit I'm afraid to try it again.
    Do agree the prices are crazy now there.

Best burger I have had (that you can buy) is at the burger shop at KeyLime Cove in Gurnee, IL. :drool:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I love In-N-Out, but sadly they're on the west coast. I enjoy that they have a simple menu and do the basics right. Double double animal style is just about as good as it gets.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    If you could please do so. I only have a sewing machine at home no embroidery machine. If they are interested maybe send me their email addresses?? Thanks!

I should mention, you joined at the perfect time. Jedi will be taking his annual ingo break soon, so you don't have to worry about being spammed by faux-English posts (or getting hugged for that matter).

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Really no one mentioned Redamak's for best burger? Blasphemy.

Jedi might want to check your finance on the M&S post.
    -FINANCIAL STATUS--
    Current Pot: $138
    Donations in 2013: $251.81
    Expenses in 2013: $264.78

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom