Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Bramedic when are you tying to go.
    You plan on staying at resort?
    How many kids, how many adults?
    How many nights?

Disboard.com is the place you want to go.
    Sept is the best time, off peak, lowest prices, free dining pans, and most important very little f*** kids at disney.
    Ainly just newborns, newly wedds and retired folks.
    You are better off buying from Disney direct be able to change plans on the fly.
    Otherwise if you go via travelagent they and only they can change stuff.
    If you plan on Sep 2014 you are already 2 months behind schedule as character dinning opens 6 months before you arrive.
    Pm if you want help. Been twice and its typicalky a 1.5 yr advance plan to ensure you get the most for your little princess.
    Ie. Dinnbg anddancibg with the prince, dinner at the castle with fireworksbreakfast with lilo n stitch. Pirate cruise for burried treasure.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    BraMedic, as Jedi said, if you plan to stay 'on property' then deal directly with Disney, they will be able to offer more perks.

I've taken the family to Disney World about a dozen times, stayed 'off property' once. Only once. Never again. Personally I really like staying at THE BOARDWALK, while it is off the mono-rail line, you can walk into the back entrance of Epcot Center from your room. It also has a higher priority on the bus lines so you don't have to transfer too much if you want to go to the other parks. The Contemporary is OK, mainly because its on the mono-rail, and for few other reasons. We've stayed in about a half dozen of their hotels, but probably stayed at THE BOARDWALK at least 4 times, maybe more. I don't think its worth the effort to stay too far off the main transportation lines as you can spend 45 minutes on the bus!

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Thanks guys. On property, me, wife, 3 year old, 1 year old. Wife is adamant about being there for xmas. Fine by me since we could visit my grandparents in Venice as well.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Xmass is a small zoo. But with little ones your age the character dinning is not just yet for you. Age 4 to 7 is better. Age 3 they still freak out.
    What is your budget? Broafwalk is nice but $$$$ plus it's more for adults n teens.
    You won't need a car while their. The bus will be your friend as will the mono rail.

So if you plan on staying for xmasd you need to book now. Can book up to 1 year in advance so you are already behind and the die hards love xmas.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    nursing-lg.jpg

(bradmedic)
    Have you been to disneyworld before?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Of course. Didn't bring raingear.
    But, might need it to cool down.
    Workin on equip burned up last week. Another guy was drippin sweat all over.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    What no comment on your new avatar. :)
    When did you go?
    Did you stay on property?

Also are you driving or flying this time around?

@All
    I hear thunder now. :runaway: Looks like another major storm is coming.

Lol. I'll change to the new avatar shortly. Initially I thought it should be some fat white guy in a bra with a nurse's hat but this will probably not get me banned.

I don't recall when I was at Disneyworld, but I didn't have kids, and I still hated it. Not for me though so I'll be full of cheer.

We're flying this time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Lol. I'll change to the new avatar shortly. Initially I thought it should be some fat white guy in a bra with a nurse's hat but this will probably not get me banned.

I don't recall when I was at Disneyworld, but I didn't have kids, and I still hated it. Not for me though so I'll be full of cheer.

We're flying this time.

Well since you are flying Disney has partnered with certain airlines to make it even easier.
    Basically you get to OHare/Midway and your bags are checked in with the Disney tags.
    Once you get to Orlando you just go to the Disney bus and it will take you to the resorts.
    The bus driver will know which resort is your stop so don't worry.
    You check into the resort and by the time you get to your room your bags are already there!
    This ONLY works if you go with the partnered airlines. Otherwise you pick up your bags at the terminal and go to the Disney bus.

Now dd (that is lingo for dearest daughter) is 3 right? ds (dearest son) is 1?
    Learn the lingo BEFORE you go over to disboard.com for all the details or you will be made fun of at the start.

How many days you plan on staying?
    With the age of your little ones MK (magic kingdom) will probably be your main park. AK (animal kingdom) is not really for little kids and it's a glorified zoo. Disney Studios is more for you and the mrs and pre-teens as is Epcot.

Don't forget downtown disney and the LEGO STORE!!!! :woot: :)

--edit--
    I can send you an excel file with some planning tools if you are getting overwhelemed.
    There is a boat load to do at MK and 2 days is the min if you plan on seeing the entire park.
    You for sure want to do dinner at cindy's castle on your last night and go to the BBB at the castle
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique-park/

You won't care for it but the mrs and the little one will.
    They do hair + make up if you want on the little ones gives them a crown, other stuff before they have dinner with the princesses in the castle. Your little one the basic no make up package will work just fine.

Also when you buy via disney they will offer at a steep discount their photo service.
    GET IT BEFORE YOUR TRIP
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/photo-pass-service/

It is money back gaurentee.
    Basically they give you a card and their are Disney photographs that take your pics all over the park.
    At the end, when you come home you can review the pics, add labels, backgrounds, etc and they will send you a CD with the high res images so you can print them out. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE IMAGE YOU CAN GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!
    This saves you the headache of taking pics. Just use your photcard and take ALL the pics you want. There is no limit on the number of pics you can take.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom