• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Well, I just spent 8 1/2 hours at work, about 6 of it outside. Even though it wasn't very cold out it still sucked. I really, really, detest having snowmelt run down the back of my neck. And although working on my day of is extra money, I wish it was true overtime.
    @baddyna96: I'll tell Jedi I beat you up and we'll split the case of shells, how's that sound?

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    <<-- lives south of 30, never seen Deliverance. Still get the references.

Bought a bottle of Evan Williams cider. I think I like this more than Jack Daniels version. It's richer, more flavors, and I think due to the harsher whiskey, you recognize what you're drinking. The Jack version is just dangerous, fill coffee mug, mild flavors, mild bite despite heating in microwave, and before you know it, it's too late.

Just had a coffee mug of the Evan Williams version while smoking another of the craptastic grab bag cigars from my order. Finished the last of the Jack about a week ago.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI I-65 40 miles SOUTH of crown point is closed coming north.
    Multiple car accidents with one being fatal due to black ice.
    Jedi's sister is stuck in that mess and the ISP is not letting anyone move.
    She turned her car off to save car and is keeping warm with blankets in the car.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    She turned her car off to save car and is keeping warm with blankets in the car.

Impressed at the preparedness. If you had a hand in that, good job.

I stowed a box in my wife's trunk with skimask, gloves, blankets, wool socks, snowpants, and chemical hotpacks.

Box was promptly removed after her last grocery trip "it takes up too much room, there's no point. If I ever get stranded I'll call someone even if it's an expensive towtruck".... some people you just can't reach...

Mind you my wife has ended up 10ft down from the road in a ditch, in the snow, south of Beecher, IL, in 10°F weather. Luckily she was able to call her dad who happened to be close enough to swing by with a semi truck and an excavator on the trailer and pull her out. Fortunately she got out without incident, unfortunately she has a false sense of security and absolutely zero survival instinct/willingness to be prepared for the worst. She belongs in the city. Funny thing is, she grew up in unincorporated Lake Co, and I grew up in the city.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Impressed at the preparedness. If you had a hand in that, good job.

I stowed a box in my wife's trunk with skimask, gloves, blankets, wool socks, snowpants, and chemical hotpacks.

Box was promptly removed after her last grocery trip "it takes up too much room, there's no point. If I ever get stranded I'll call someone even if it's an expensive towtruck".... some people you just can't reach...

Thank you she had to learn the hard way first before she came to the semi-prep side.
    She will be okay for up to 2 days. Bet she is hoping she did not go to Indy this weekend. :)
    Jedi is wishing she has to eat that awful emo food she bought which I tried and tasted like :puke:
    Too bad she did not take me up on the offer of a metal coffee can with toilet paper and alcohol to start a small fire to stay warm outside if need be.

As for the reply you posted that sounds like my mom. Even after losing power in the winter and summer she still has not learned. :(

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.

On a serious note, Colleen and I live in Demote, which is fairly close to there. If it's too bad out to drive, she is welcome to stay for the night in the extra bedroom. She is more than welcome.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Bought a bottle of Evan Williams cider. I think I like this more than Jack Daniels version. It's richer, more flavors, and I think due to the harsher whiskey, you recognize what you're drinking. The Jack version is just dangerous, fill coffee mug, mild flavors, mild bite despite heating in microwave, and before you know it, it's too late.
    Where'd you find it? I've been looking all over for it.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Where'd you find it? I've been looking all over for it.

Found a bottle at the Liquor Stockhouse in Schererville on Cline just south of 30.

Haven't seen much of it lately though, and this was just one bottle on one of the row-end shelves. Don't know if they have more.

Had tons of Jack cider. Had a bottle in my hand till I got to checkout when I saw the Evan Williams for a couple bucks cheaper and decided to give it a try.

With the couple bucks I saved I bought a half pint of Tennessee Honey Jack, we'll try that out sometime this week.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Found a bottle at the Liquor Stockhouse in Schererville on Cline just south of 30.

Haven't seen much of it lately though, and this was just one bottle on one of the row-end shelves. Don't know if they have more.

Had tons of Jack cider. Had a bottle in my hand till I got to checkout when I saw the Evan Williams for a couple bucks cheaper and decided to give it a try.

With the couple bucks I saved I bought a half pint of Tennessee Honey Jack, we'll try that out sometime this week.

Sure, you rednecks are hording it so that us thugs can't find any.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Let me know when it's snowing PINK ok. :p
    So you work both at a school and at the hospital? :dunno:

Teach at Ivy Tech, volunteer at St. Anthony.

Come on Jedi. Keep up.

Must bd a nice person, to stay over... on a volunteer job.

Thank you she had to learn the hard way first before she came to the semi-prep side.
    She will be okay for up to 2 days. Bet she is hoping she did not go to Indy this weekend. :)
    Jedi is wishing she has to eat that awful emo food she bought which I tried and tasted like :puke:
    Too bad she did not take me up on the offer of a metal coffee can with toilet paper and alcohol to start a small fire to stay warm outside if need be.

As for the reply you posted that sounds like my mom. Even after losing power in the winter and summer she still has not learned. :(

What the heck is emo food?

update
    it was a 13 car pile up and the cops and tow truck are on scene. She is 12 cars behind the accident.

And thats why i stay above half tank in winter.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well got the Ruger Match Champion out today and she is awesome... Accurate, and the odd grips handle recoil really well... This will definitely be a keeper....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom