JqS6luU.gif

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

oh my little PINKDargon you have yet to learn.
    Jedi like a little bit of PINK as an accent/highlight of whatever it is he has. For example PINK lettering on a 1911 just to make the lettering stand out or a PINK mark on an ammo can again just enough to highlight it and make it difference.

Now Da PINKFather when he comes out that dude LOVES PINK! But alas Da PINKFather rarely post and only comes to one meet & shoot during the year. The rest of the time ya are stuck with Jedi.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Does anyone know the just what the rules are in unincorporated Lake County for putting up a carport? I have several neighbors that have put up those prefabbed kit ones without puling permits. Id like to build my own and ideally attach one side to my garage and the other would be posts anchored in concrete. I do not want to have to get a permit. If I can't build it as described how can I build it so I don't have to get a permit?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    There was a thread that brought up some obscure Indiana law that said you can build your house on your land yourself and not be subject to permits or building codes. I found that interesting.

This one:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/340525-building-home.html

Well I was doing the gas and electrical for our in-ground pool and I had to pull permits and pass inspections just as if I had hired a tradesman. So I don't think there is an exemption for self work.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I love tax season. My federal return $2,500 went right to the irs for back taxes (long story), the $100 I was supposed to get back from Illinois, taken by irs. I owe indiana $350, and it cost me $150 to do my taxes. And I just get a letter saying I still owe $98 to the irs. :rockwoot:

In other news I may be selling the tuaras slim 9, which I never fired, along with a pocket holster, which I never used other then to see if the gun fit, 20 rounds of 9mm defense rounds and 250 rounds of UMC fmj. May ask $375 for the whole shebang. :dunno:

Just to reiterate, I love taxes.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    One of these days, after all this and my sister stops hitting me up for funds, and i actually stop caving in to give her funds, I may actually get back ahead.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Well I was doing the gas and electrical for our in-ground pool and I had to pull permits and pass inspections just as if I had hired a tradesman. So I don't think there is an exemption for self work.

IC 36-7-8-3
    Establishment of building, heating, ventilating, electrical, plumbing, and sanitation standards; ordinances
    Sec. 3. (a) The legislative body of a county having a county department of buildings or joint city-county building department may, by ordinance, adopt building, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, and sanitation standards for unincorporated areas of the county. These standards take effect only on the legislative body's receipt of written approval from the fire prevention and building safety commission.
    (b) An ordinance adopted under this section must be based on occupancy, and it applies to:
    (1) the construction, alteration, equipment, use, occupancy, location, and maintenance of buildings, structures, and appurtenances that are on land or over water and are:
    (A) erected after the ordinance takes effect; and
    (B) if expressly provided by the ordinance, existing when the ordinance takes effect;
    (2) conversions of buildings and structures, or parts of them, from one occupancy classification to another; and
    (3) the movement or demolition of buildings, structures, and equipment for the operation of buildings and structures.
    (c) The rules of the fire prevention and building safety commission are the minimum standards upon which ordinances adopted under this section must be based.
    (d) An ordinance adopted under this section does not apply to private homes that are built by individuals and used for their own occupancy.
    As added by Acts 1981, P.L.309, SEC.27. Amended by P.L.8-1984, SEC.125.

I will not be the test case.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Properly timed lights? It's called a stop light for a reason. If you didn't have to stop at it, it would be a waste of tax dollars. You should use that time waiting at the light admiring the great things your tax dollars bought you.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I may be selling the tuaras slim 9, which I never fired, along with a pocket holster, which I never used other then to see if the gun fit, 20 rounds of 9mm defense rounds and 250 rounds of UMC fmj. May ask $375 for the whole shebang. :dunno:

Just to reiterate, I love taxes.

Andy, if you want it back at some point in the future I'll buy it from you, put it in one of the safes, and sell it back to you for the same price after you get yourself back on your financial feet.

But the offer is only out there if you want it back. I'm not looking for a taurus slim 9 so ...

Or, you could bring it to the cigar lounge and we could see if it can be made famous/infamous by a certain person who may have been fishing all night and needs to scratch one of his berries or perhaps twig . . .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom