tumblr_m7kzsltjhb1rblrb6o1_500.png

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Play what ?

I believe as long as you have a LTCH your good to go in Michigan, now there is some strange classification of a semi auto carbine with a shorter than 18 inch barrel law up there though for you rifle toters...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ah, a computer game that wastes ones time while they are suppose to be learning in their college days, I remember those....

In my time it was Doom something.... not sure... I just fix the dang things we use to play that on and down load Terabytes of .... well you know...

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    What's the best local place for dirt? I need decent black dirt, at least 5-6yds to start. Need delivered unless they're close enough and will put it on my trailer over 2-3 loads (I'm assuming a yd of dirt is close to a ton and I've got a V6 Dakota) I've got a front-end loader, so driveway dump delivery is fine.

I'll be using it as base dirt in a raised planter I built around my deck. I'm eventually going to need a LOT more black dirt to till into my clay for my garden which eventually I'd like to expand to a half to one acre. Got 4 acres of the worst clay I've ever met. Can't even get grass to grow on some parts.

Location, I'm near 30/41

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What's the best local place for dirt? I need decent black dirt, at least 5-6yds to start. Need delivered unless they're close enough and will put it on my trailer over 2-3 loads (I'm assuming a yd of dirt is close to a ton and I've got a V6 Dakota) I've got a front-end loader, so driveway dump delivery is fine.

I'll be using it as base dirt in a raised planter I built around my deck. I'm eventually going to need a LOT more black dirt to till into my clay for my garden which eventually I'd like to expand to a half to one acre. Got 4 acres of the worst clay I've ever met. Can't even get grass to grow on some parts.

Location, I'm near 30/41
    Krooswyk on US41 in Highland. Next door to Webb Ford. They deliver if you need them to do so.

Skip Allen Landscape, they are very pricy!

Neimeyers in Crown Point too.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Krooswyk on US41 in Highland. Next door to Webb Ford. They deliver if you need them to do so.

Skip Allen Landscape, they are very pricy!

Neimeyers in Crown Point too.

Neimeyers is too pricey or is the too meaning check them out?

There's a guy on the west side of 41 just south of Cedar Lake, you see equipment and a dirt pulverizer out there but no sign. I've been told to check with him, just gotta stop by on a day you see someone out there.

Also had Krooswyk's recommended, just wondering if there's any great places others know of with good dirt at a good price.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Neimeyers is too pricey or is the too meaning check them out?

There's a guy on the west side of 41 just south of Cedar Lake, you see equipment and a dirt pulverizer out there but no sign. I've been told to check with him, just gotta stop by on a day you see someone out there.

Also had Krooswyk's recommended, just wondering if there's any great places others know of with good dirt at a good price.

Check with Neimeyers.
    Check with Krooswyk.
    Check with Dewes.

Basically don't check the garden centers, they buy their dirt from people who are excavators. So buy from an excavator who hauls dirt.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Check with Neimeyers.
    Check with Krooswyk.
    Check with Dewes.

Basically don't check the garden centers, they buy their dirt from people who are excavators. So buy from an excavator who hauls dirt.

Father in law is an excavator but he doesn't have a good line on dirt, buys whatevers local if he needs any. I need it pulverized, at least for the raised planter.

Is Dewes the guy on 41?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom