Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    What is that?

Since we are sharing car pics. Here is my newest drive again. I am liking it more as I drive it more.
    IMG_20121126_195658.jpg
    I thought you could only own pickup trucks in Lake Eliza.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    So the coolest thing happened at steak and shake today.
    As soon as I was seated, I was ready to order. (I always get two double guacamole steak burgers, and a mint cookies and cream shake)
    After taking my order, the waitress noticed my M&P 9.
    She said "Hey, I have one like that", She sat down and we had like a 10 minute conversation about guns and everything that's going on.
    She pulled out her iPhone, and started showing me pictures of her and her M&P Shield 9mm.
    Long story short, we had a great convo, and yes, she was ridiculously pretty, and yes, I got her number. :alright: :D
    Which steak and shake was this at?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    AMEN!!!

I just had two weeks off work, spent them working harder than I do at work.

Laid 140 landscape timbers (thank god Menards had their moving sale) with a 2' deep raised bed around the new deck and then 3 timbers deep around the house.

Wife had me split two dozen hostas (have em all over the woods behind my house) and plant them in the new beds. I have oak forest clay. You can't dig in oak forest clay. Took a damn pickaxe to break up the dirt to get the things in. It's either pickaxe when dry or scrape the shovel after every scoop with the stickiest clay I've ever met.

Between the landscape timbers/hostas, finishing my 500sq ft deck, and framing out the basement, I'm still beat.
    I'm glad I'm not building planters anymore. I feel your pain. Literally.

Yesterday I spent a good deal of time digging holes in clay soil to plant about 1/4 of the hostas I dug up the other day. Then I attached a 1000+ pound mower deck to the tractor and went off to take down the field of pretty yellow flowers so I can reclaim that as lawn. Had about 6 gallons of diesel in the fuel tank, didn't get off that tractor until it was so low on fuel that I needed to refuel it. Still not done mowing. Oh and there were the dead trees that had to be moved, got some of those done. Then the wife comes home and I have to help her putter about with new flowers she bought that need planting. So I go and plant a few more hostas just to really set myself up for a painful night.

2 Aleve . . . Hop in a HOT shower . . . get nice and relaxed . . . play on INGO until bedtime . . . pop 3 Iburprofen and I'm ready for sleep, bundled up in my blankets.

Wife decides she is hot. Turns on ceiling fan. Opens 2 of the bedroom windows for a breeze. BEAR IN MIND THAT I HAVE SEVERE RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, if I get cold at night then I am in WORSE PAIN than the self-induced work pain.

At midnight I can't take it anymore, get out of bed, go into the spare bedroom and go to sleep!!! I think she is trying to kill me.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.

35.8mpg going from Blythes, to Town and Country, then to Walmart, then to Anytime Fitness in Hebron, then home to DeMotte. I can't wait to see what she will do on a long trip. I'm predicting 37.5+mpg without all the starts and stops. But you gotta love that S Mode. Sport Mode makes the drive interesting.

Nice looking car!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Found some free internet in Winamac... sooo worthless post coming....

On the 200 yard today.... sending expensive lead down range...

See you guys later....

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Something happened in my neighborhood yesterday. Its a good neighborhood, only old folks live there. Noone under 40 except me. But its easy prey, the neighborhood next to mine is like the ghetto of Portage so I think they come over here and comitt crimes occasionally. Any ways yesterday there was ppd at a house down the street from mine then the ppd was driving around and seemed to be looking for someone. I was listening to the scanner but there was so much traffic on the scanner I couksnt keep up. A lot of crime yesterday.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    Figured I would ask if any nwi guys are interested I have an ares gear ranger belt w/cobra buckle that I'm going to put in the classifieds soon...it is brand new I ordered the wrong size it is an xl and fits from 36-42 (according to the packaging) size waist and would prob go even bigger. I just want to get what I paid instead of having to send it back. $90 big ones. It is bad ass though looks like this...
    99o0lz.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Figured I would ask if any nwi guys are interested I have an ares gear ranger belt w/cobra buckle that I'm going to put in the classifieds soon...it is brand new I ordered the wrong size it is an xl and fits from 36-42 (according to the packaging) size waist and would prob go even bigger. I just want to get what I paid instead of having to send it back. $90 big ones. It is bad ass though looks like this...
    99o0lz.jpg

Bigger/better photos or a link to the item at the manufacturer might help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom