Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The RED stripe tie. None of the others!

The other 3 ties look like they came from the 1980's. The red one is the correct color, but still looks pretty dated. Still, its far and away the best choice for a job interview. Red ties are the power color ties. Its THE accepted color for corporate ties.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage

The other 3 ties look like they came from the 1980's. The red one is the correct color, but still looks pretty dated. Still, its far and away the best choice for a job interview. Red ties are the power color ties. Its THE accepted color for corporate ties.

Maybe ill look for a new red tie

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Maybe ill look for a new red tie

This is quite possibly the most popular corporate tie, its been a classic/timeless design for decades: BB#1 Repp Tie - Brooks Brothers

You should be able to find many similar to this at lower prices. Stick with a basic field of red or maroon and occupy 60% of the fabric. Stripes should be gold/blue to compliment your shirt and add a bit of color, but not overwhelm.

Last edited:

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    This is quite possibly the most popular corporate tie, its been a classic/timeless design for decades: BB#1 Repp Tie - Brooks Brothers

You should be able to find many similar to this at lower prices. Stick with a basic field of red or maroon. Stripes should be gold/blue to compliment your shirt and add a bit of color, but not overwhelm.

Thats a nice tie! I liked the blue stripes.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Thats a nice tie! I liked the blue stripes.

This should do the trick :D

images

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I may have one similar to that one. Let me see what I can find. I have a good 30/50 ties. For some reason I bought ties all the time, even though I seldom wear them.... Seldom meaning weddings and funerals.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I got the interview for the Tin mill! Its Tuesday, freaking ouuuuut.

Calm down. It's not a life or death event. How are you going to look to an interviewer if you're all sweaty and twitchy.

That was a great book. I didn't know they were making a movie out of it.

Is a white dress shirt ok for an interview?

Should be fine.

Got to agree 100% with Bill on this.

Also power OFF your cell phone or leave it in the car. Depending on the job, consider wearing a tie or coat and tie. Its hard to overdress for an interview and easy to underdress. You are there to impress the interviewer and prove you want/deserve a chance at the job.

Just was reading early this week that people don't know how to act during interviews. They take phone calls, text, interrupt the interviewer, dress funny/dress wild, etc. All huge mistakes.

I agree with some of what you're saying. It's for a utility person at a steel mill. You can overdress. They can get it in their head you are an "office" person. Meaning you don't want to get dirty, and won't leave the office.
    Dress nicely. No big catchup stains. Shave (if you're old enough:) )
    When they ask you a question, think before you open your piehole. There are no points for answering fast, and blurting out "I like blue" may make them question your sanity.
    I agree on leaving the phone. The only phone calls you can get more important than the interview is a death or injury of a loved one. The dead will still be dead. Injured should call for an ambulance.
    Keep yourself calm. Breath in. Hold for a count of 3. Breath. Count 3. Repeat. Calming the body will calm the mind.
    Listen to the question.
    Think.
    Reply.
    Sounds simple, and it is. But I've known guys to give a completely great explanation on something, that had nothing to do with the question.
    The mill is big on hiring vets.
    Good PR. And the vet tends to carry out duties without needing excessive bossing. (Not always, but more so).
    If they ask about your service, answer the question. But don't go on and on about it. The interviewer most likely doesn't care and was just looking for an answer you gave in the 1st couple sentences.
    If you get nervous, remember.... they've hired murderers. You've got to be better than that.
    You want to project an image that you have something the mill wants. Your brains and your brawn. Throw in a little bit about working at the gate and talking to people, so you are interested in the job.
    If you screw up.... move on. If they ask you 20 questions, and you mess 1 up, no big deal.
    Unless you concentrate on that error the rest of the interview and psych yourself out.

I agree shirt and tie, also leave the phone and gun in the car.

*edit- I say leave the gun in the car, because he likes to OC, now if your concealed.... Different story.

Andy, he'd better leave it (gun) at home. Dept homeland sec rules. He knows.

Breathe. Ask to take notes and do so to give yourself a second here and there to think. Ask for a card and send a thank you follow up the next day.

Notes may be good idea. Not sure about the follow up thank you. Different atmosphere/enviroment.

Check out these hooters.
    723B2731-9307-40F2-90C4-BEE233238E1F-7586-0000055F3025B4BB.jpg

You have now ruined "hooters" for me.
    You are dead to me.

Any of these ties? Im thinking of just buying a new one. (Theres light blue in the right 2 ties that isn't showing well.)
    20130503_195142_zps95aad593.jpg

Tie optional.
    Mill workers view ties as clothing that gets caught in rotating machinery and kills the wearer.

My interview was jeans and casual shirt. 1 question. Why do you want to work here. I informed the woman I didnt want to work there.
    But I needed a job, and they paid well. I was interviewing for instrument tech, so I explained that I worked on instrumention on the nuclear reactor of a submarine. I had to know my stuff cause we couldnt just call a factory rep. Risk of death, just like the mill. Weird changing schedules, like the mill.

You're a good kid. Just dont come across as a psycho and you'll do alright.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the New Menards?

If not, the Home Depot or Lowes!

Home Depot has orange painted racks. Lowes has blue. Those are tan. There are scratches on the racks and some visible rust, there are also multiple types of price tags, indicating that they've been installed for a while. Now the question is, does Home Depot use tan racks in the garden center area? Of that I am unsure. So its possible it could be Home Depot's garden center? Then there is Wal Mart, I think they use tan racks, but the aisle doesn't look to be littered with human debris, so I'm guessing not Wal Mart.

My vote is NOT Home Depot. NOT Lowes. NOT the new menards.

Probably one of the many older Menards stores.

What do I win :dunno:

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Pete those owls are likely to be at Old Time Pottery. I'm not 100% sure on it, but judging from the condition of the racks, and the cluttered-ness of them, that is my guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom