• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Soupcan, if all works out and I can get over there early enough to make it worth getting in... I'll be there.... Don't expect much in the way of stuff to buy though...

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Well, I'm getting some OT.

I just had the newest chucklehead on my site walk out.
    Didn't say a damn thing to anyone just packed up his stuff and left at 2100.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I just don't understand it.
    My site is gravey, you're inside, heat in the winter, AC in the summer, not on a main drag, back with a bunch of other office buildings, no where near the PJs. Worst thing you have to deal with is skunks and the occasional lost driver that you have to point to Rt 30.

All you have to do is not fall asleep on your shift and not make an ass of yourself, heck if they'd let me I would replace half of my staff with scarecrows and call it a day.

I don't know. I guess they say bad things happen in threes. This would be my number three, car troubles, mom vs avocado, and this. I should be in the clear now.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    My site is gravey, you're inside, heat in the winter, AC in the summer, not on a main drag, back with a bunch of other office buildings, no where near the PJs. Worst thing you have to deal with is skunks and the occasional lost driver that you have to point to Rt 30.

All you have to do is not fall asleep on your shift and not make an ass of yourself, heck if they'd let me I would replace half of my staff with scarecrows and call it a day.

I don't know. I guess they say bad things happen in threes. This would be my number three, car troubles, mom vs avocado, and this. I should be in the clear now.

I had a job like that before, no idea why people did not like it. I used to read books while watching cameras, walk around occasionally for the security checks. Did quite a bit of studying then. No idea why everyone else kept quitting.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN

Sounds like my kind of job.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Might be the pay rate... although I use to guard banks for six bucks a hour.... heck got shot at for that...

I do remember the rest of the guards having a lot of trouble making it to work most of the time and getting a lot of extra shifts over the years I participated in that job line though...

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Good morning NWI INGO (which when you break it down, makes no sense, should be NW INGO. Just like PIN Number, should just be PIN, but anyway), anyone feel like doing some shooting today? Im good anytime and anyplace. Winnimac, JP or even the Slough.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Good morning NWI INGO (which when you break it down, makes no sense, should be NW INGO. Just like PIN Number, should just be PIN, but anyway), anyone feel like doing some shooting today? Im good anytime and anyplace. Winnimac, JP or even the Slough.

I'd love to go . . . but I have a bulging side-wall on a tire that must be tended to. Heading up to Levin tire in about 30 minutes to get it replaced. After that is done I'm taking my wife to the Lyric Opera House in Chicago to see Der Meistersinger (Wagner's longest German Opera).

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage

I wish I didn't have to work :(

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'd love to go . . . but I have a bulging side-wall on a tire that must be tended to. Heading up to Levin tire in about 30 minutes to get it replaced. After that is done I'm taking my wife to the Lyric Opera House in Chicago to see Der Meistersinger (Wagner's longest German Opera).

Tires and wives always getting in the way. :):

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I would but I have my indoor golf league at noon and then we are heading up to Chicago for the night, well Huntley, but it's behind enemy lines.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    So, I'm bored this morning. What a better way to pass the time then to post on Facebook. Now I sit here laughing as I picture random Facebook friends trying this throughout the day, to see if their in the majority or minority.

"Interesting fact from Ripleys Believe it or not. Once past the age of 12 97% of human males and 86% of human females can not stick out their tongue while rotating their head in a circle."

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    gotta work... Id for sure go and might have been able to get my cousin out for that, but I volunteered myself to work weekends for the extra money.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Interesting fact in my house, not sure if it is in Ripley's or not, but 100% of the children in my house think that the ONLY purpose of the light switch is to turn the LIGHTS ON. Can't seem to figure out how to turn a light OFF. I dunno why, but I think NIPSCO is paying children to leave the lights on when they leave the room.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom