NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Do you think the Wanatah chamber of commerce suggested that route to build a little traffic to their down town :scratch:
    Funny.

I am guessing they will have a more local detour setup as well. When 2 was being worked on by me, the official detour from Hebron to Valpo was to take 8 to 49. The local one went down my road, but my road is not supposed to have trucks on it without special permits.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Other than for a truck, that is one stupid detour.

Locals know the shorter back road shortcuts around the New Roundabout

When it was proposed the plan was close the 2 west to 6 west half but keep the 2 East to 6 East open --- then switch in August

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I am a very aggressive driver and people get freaked the **** out when they are in the lane beside me as we enter the turns. It's like stfu I'm in my lane at all times just really really fast

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Back in Mitches term a bunch of our engrs. did a study on European hi-way design and thought this was a good idea. Problem is they have been in use there for many decades, everyone knows how they flow. Here it’s a new concept, drivers don’t have a clue. Another “looks good on paper” experience. —————Civil Engr. At it finest.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I hate them, I love them, I’m an aggressive driver, I drive really really fast, other drivers are morons, I’m on a gun web site so I’ve got a gun.—————-Nope don’t see any problems here.
    :thumbsup:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Back in Mitches term a bunch of our engrs. did a study on European hi-way design and thought this was a good idea. Problem is they have been in use there for many decades, everyone knows how they flow. Here it’s a new concept, drivers don’t have a clue. Another “looks good on paper” experience. —————Civil Engr. At it finest.
    Drivers here generally have no idea how to drive, period. Yield signs are a total mystery to so many. That is a major issue at the roundabouts.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    We need another plague. Make this one only target gym bunnies who drive giant SUVs and many of our problems will dissipate.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    New guy from Valpo

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom