Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    :dunno:
    We are literally starting over.

And jedi is now older and has more real world stress then 8-10 years ago when we started this (doing meet and shoots, meeting with dnr, etc...)

Is it worth it (rethorial question)?
    Have a question, do you know if the decision to cancel was from the COs at Winamac or did it come from higher up?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Happened to my sister back in around 89-90. Driving down Fairview in Lake Station. Luckily it hit the back passenger area of the car
    Freak things happen like that. Just never know. I had a buddy a long time ago that used to commute back and forth to work on his motorcycle from Wheatfield to Gary.

He was a heavy equip operator in the union. He was coming up Rte 49 early in the wee morning hour one day on his way to work when all of a sudden, a big tree uprooted and fell across the road in front of him giving absolutely no time to react.

When he hit the tree it launched him. He survived but he was in the ICU for weeks.

Had to have reconstructive surgery on his face.

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Winamac property manager, his assistant property manager and the office admin for winamac had a local discussion and felt it was best to not move forward with a partial event.

To be honest, and even though I've only been involved with one event, (printed for a second one, but .... covid), it had occurred to me that a more limited event would, in some ways, be better. My reasoning is: many of the guests that show up are most interested in either shooting for the first time, or shooting something they never shot before, or exposing the kids to shooting, etc...

How big a deal is it to have just a pistol range, a 50 yard range, and maybe a 100 yard or the shotgun range, but not both? Or just a pistol and rifle range? A much more manageable event that would please over 90% of attendees, and require fewer volunteers.

Just my .02, and I'll keep the change, thank you very much.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    To be honest, and even though I've only been involved with one event, (printed for a second one, but .... covid), it had occurred to me that a more limited event would, in some ways, be better. My reasoning is: many of the guests that show up are most interested in either shooting for the first time, or shooting something they never shot before, or exposing the kids to shooting, etc...

How big a deal is it to have just a pistol range, a 50 yard range, and maybe a 100 yard or the shotgun range, but not both? Or just a pistol and rifle range? A much more manageable event that would please over 90% of attendees, and require fewer volunteers.

Just my .02, and I'll keep the change, thank you very much.

Post #79 because you never know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom