• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Starting to get warm out there. My home weather station showing outside temp of 86.5 degrees in the shade + 72% humidity.

We have 28 windows on the west wall of the house, even with solar film on the inside of windows the AC has a hard time keeping up with its job on 85 degree days when it is sunny outside.

Current project is to put a special exterior solar film on several key sections of the house. Got the family room done. 45% of the wall of that room is glass. I have part of the living room done, 50% of the west wall of that room is glass. There is a window shaded by a tree that is almost next to the house, and I didn't get the film on that window yet. I should be able to get to that one early in the morning, but I'm done working outside on a ladder today.

Big goal is to get the 3 dining room windows done. Those need to be reached by ladder and honestly not sure how I can do the middle window of the 3 panes. Maybe scaffolding?

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    It turned really humid out there today. Just got the lawn mowing done so I won't have to deal with it during the bad heat of the next several days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom