NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I disagree. Roundabouts are the answer to the question "Why do I have to stop at this stop sign/light when there is no one around?"
    Or how do we improve traffic flow at this intersection? Or how do we this intersection safer?

The former is what most of them in Valpo do. The first one they did at the LaPorte, Lincolnway, Sturdy intersections was a huge improvement. If anyone remembers the mix of stop lights and stop signs, it was horrible.

The latter is why they put one where IN2, 100S, and 300W come together. 5 way intersection with traffic on 2 hard to impossible to see from the other two roads.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Or how do we improve traffic flow at this intersection? Or how do we this intersection safer?
    Traffic flow isn't improved when people stop with no traffic in the circle, continue without even looking to see if there is traffic in the circle or when they put them at intersections that are way too busy for that method of traffic control. I have seen them with as many as four lanes and no signage visible when it snows, because all lane indicators are painted on the lanes.

I was yielding at one when the lead guy in a long line of traffic stopped completely so I could enter. The folks behind him weren't real happy.

I drive 35,000 miles a year and the fewer traffic circles/roundabouts I see the happier I am.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I ended up having to get someone to do ours. I am not feeling great today and my blood sugar is really low for me. I hope they get here soon because I need to be able to get out if necessary.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I ended up having to get someone to do ours. I am not feeling great today and my blood sugar is really low for me. I hope they get here soon because I need to be able to get out if necessary.
    We ended up with 6" of snow here. It was fairly easy to clear.
    I'd say about 6" here too.

Allegedly another 2-3" tomorrow morning into early afternoon

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I'd say about 6" here too.

Allegedly another 2-3" tomorrow morning into early afternoon

Still nothing here in martinsville, I am severely disappointed! Always lived in MI, WI, MN until about 15yrs ago. This state is deprived of the benefits of snow! With is watching people try to remember how to drive in it!

Where did all the emoji's go?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Still nothing here in martinsville, I am severely disappointed! Always lived in MI, WI, MN until about 15yrs ago. This state is deprived of the benefits of snow! With is watching people try to remember how to drive in it!

Where did all the emoji's go?
    Emojis are still there. If your screen resolution is set to larger, you have to click on the three dots to see the smiley face for the emojis.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    There will be just enough snow on W 900 S until it melts to have a little bit of slickness that I don't even bother shoveling my driveway. I just 4x4 out and switch it off when I see the road clearing ahead lol

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Emojis are still there. If your screen resolution is set to larger, you have to click on the three dots to see the smiley face for the emojis.

Haven't changed anything and it worked fine this morning (android). I hit the 3 dots and the smiley appears but touching the smiley does nothing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom