NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Spent all morning at Southlake Nissan getting some warranty work done. Roads are bad. Came home to a message that said the person I sat next to at Christmas Eve lunch just tested positive.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    I'm curious about the people who got it after being vaccinated. I wonder which vaccine they got, and if there is a pattern.
    I had the Moderna in March and my wife got the Pfizer then too. She got sick in late August and I then caught it from her. So I guess the pattern is that neither one works well

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I had the Moderna in March and my wife got the Pfizer then too. She got sick in late August and I then caught it from her. So I guess the pattern is that neither one works well
    The vax is NOT designed to stop the virus. It's designed to allow your body to survive the virus and not end up in hospital dead.

It's like the flu shot.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Watch your temp.
    Plus in your case snap get an oxygen sensor. You need to stay above 90. 95 to 100 is normal. You dip under 90 and it's ER time.

And 2 more updates.
    We now got a coworker in the hospital due to covid.

Plus extended family has all tested + for covid as well. They are freaking out since they are still here in Indiana.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We currently have 3 pulse oximeters in the house. We will keep checking. Going to go get tested tomorrow.

I need to have a backup plan. Mom is 88 and I am extremely high risk (fat, diabetic, compromised immune system due to medication). Going to check with my other friends and with the rescue where we got Cocoa, but if worst would come to worst and we would both be hospitalized, I need to find someone who would be able to keep Daisy and Cocoa for a while.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    We currently have 3 pulse oximeters in the house. We will keep checking. Going to go get tested tomorrow.

I need to have a backup plan. Mom is 88 and I am extremely high risk (fat, diabetic, compromised immune system due to medication). Going to check with my other friends and with the rescue where we got Cocoa, but if worst would come to worst and we would both be hospitalized, I need to find someone who would be able to keep Daisy and Cocoa for a while.
    If it evolves that way and either of you tests positive, contact your physician and ask them to set you up with the antibody treatment. I did a little pre planning because I have several risk factors too and found where they do this near my home. You can also call 211, which I did, and speak with an actual person who will help you coordinate this. It's good that you take this seriously and are thinking ahead.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If it evolves that way and either of you tests positive, contact your physician and ask them to set you up with the antibody treatment. I did a little pre planning because I have several risk factors too and found where they do this near my home. You can also call 211, which I did, and speak with an actual person who will help you coordinate this. It's good that you take this seriously and are thinking ahead.
    Thanks.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

It's good you are getting tested early. The earlier you find out you have it, the earlier you can get the treatment.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    On the way home from work in Hammond there was a car on Cline Ave. SB between Michigan ave and 169th.

It had hit the guardrail and taken out around 60 feet. The car was abandoned, so I suppose the driver lived and was able to walk away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom