NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No. I'm going to complain about it.
    They can easily keep track of the hours, with the rangers at the park.
    No one is going to be alone with the kids, so a background check?
    The CERVIS form is what the feds want from the state in order to get the grant money and thus why the background check.

Without the CERVIS form we won't get the pistol range.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The CERVIS form is what the feds want from the state in order to get the grant money and thus why the background check.

Without the CERVIS form we won't get the pistol range.

Gee, if Indiana didn't collect taxes and was poor, I'd worry more about federal dollars.
    I don't think the Feds should be a part of it, but the bloodsucking leeches we elect disagree with me.

Okay. We fill out a form.
    Still doesn't need a background check.
    NO ONE is going to be alone with kids.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They can use the last background check on me.

All men are innocent till proven guilty. Well, at least it used to be that way.
    Now you have to prove you're innocent, or else you are guilty.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I won't be filling out the CERVIS form, if that means I can't attend so be it.
    The Feds ruin EVERYTHING.
    And now they'll ruin this.

I hope you guys will reconsider. We really need to push the 2A and firearms safety as hard as we can.

While I don't disagree that this is more government intrusion that's not needed, we need to look at the bigger picture. We need to help instill/create more 2A amendment friendly folks, not for us, but for future generations.

I did the cervis on the DNR website. They do not ask for anything other than name, address, email and phone number as far as personal info. No need for DL Or SS numbers.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I hope you guys will reconsider. We really need to push the 2A and firearms safety as hard as we can.

While I don't disagree that this is more government intrusion that's not needed, we need to look at the bigger picture. We need to help instill/create more 2A amendment friendly folks, not for us, but for future generations.

I did the cervis on the DNR website. They do not ask for anything other than name, address, email and phone number as far as personal info. No need for DL Or SS numbers.
    Did mine also.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    PoCo schedule for 2022 household hazardous waste collections released:

The Recycling and Waste Reduction District of Porter County (RWRD) has confirmed new dates and a venue lineup for the 2022 household hazardous waste collection season.

RWRD schedules household hazardous waste collections (HHWs) at select dates in the spring, summer, and early fall.

The season wIll begin on Saturday, May 7, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Porter County Expo Center. For a full schedule, go to www.PorterCountyRecycling.org

“We are so excited to launch this next upcoming HHW season,” said Keri Marrs Barron, executive direction, RWRD. “At our collection dates we see so many area residents bring out their toxic household hazardous waste materials. Everything from pool chemicals, to pesticides, aerosol cans, medical sharps, and more is collected and recycled properly.”

At upcoming collection events, Porter County residents may dispose of clean and dry plastic bags, plastic film wraps, grocery bags and plastic wrapping. Water softener bags will not be accepted.

Beyond plastic bags, residents may dispose of products containing the following: corrosive, toxic, ignitable, or reactive substances. Common household hazardous waste items include anti-freeze, motor oil, batteries (household & automotive), fluorescent bulbs, oil-based paints, deck stains, and household smoke detectors.

“Our collection events help the public at large to recycle right,” Marrs Barron said. “Last year the district spent $159,691 on the collection, transportation, and recycling/disposal of HHW materials collected from 2,629 participating Porter County residents. Oil is a good example. In 2021, 20,925 pounds of oil were collected from area residents and diverted from local waste streams. This is incredible benefit and impact to our environment.”

For more information, call 219-465-3694.
    Screenshot_20220314-193804_Facebook.jpg

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I usually take a load to the Lake County collection event when it comes to Munster. It's amazing how much hazardous crap you can accumulate in a year or two.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom