NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Do water softeners go bad? Or can they re-condition them? Mine is not doing a very good job anymore. It's 25 years old. I've started the regen process several days in a row now, but doesn't seem to be helping. The salt level is going down - maybe I need a new one.

Anybody use Eenigenburg in St. John?

I don't know, I don't have one yet lol

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Do water softeners go bad? Or can they re-condition them? Mine is not doing a very good job anymore. It's 25 years old. I've started the regen process several days in a row now, but doesn't seem to be helping. The salt level is going down - maybe I need a new one.

Bought my softener there 20 years ago, and buy my salt from there. Had to have it worked on once and the serviceable component came off with two bolts, and they had it fixed in a couple of hours and was maybe $60. Probably would do it again, but definitely would shop around. Eeningenburg gave me great advice and it has paid off.

I can say, I have never had any issues with the rust, hard water, or smell that my neighbors have.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

If i remember right there's a rod that gets replaced?

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County

I had a Culligan system installed at my old house in '91. I recall that the resin tank became clogged over at about 12 years of age and was causing a lot of pressure drop. They replaced it and everything was good again.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    UPS drivers don't turn right. My stuff always ping pongs around Kouts for a bit, up to Valpo, down to Malden, back to Kouts, back to Malden and then back to Kouts where they finally end up at my house. I think they actually have a computer plan the most efficient routes
    Don't turn right? Or is it don't turn left? I thought right turns were statistically safer and more efficient.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I had a Culligan system installed at my old house in '91. I recall that the resin tank became clogged over at about 12 years of age and was causing a lot of pressure drop. They replaced it and everything was good again.
    This is the way a softener goes bad. The resin will get plugged and quit working. I don’t consider miscellaneous parts breaking as going bad, just “normal” maintenance.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah sorry, that's what I meant. I was thinking "Don't turn left" and "Only turn right" and I mixed them together. Right turns are safer and more efficient. Sometimes you could go around the block in multiple times in all right turns in the time it would take to turn left once, and you're not crossing a lane for the safety aspect.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    This is the way a softener goes bad. The resin will get plugged and quit working. I don’t consider miscellaneous parts breaking as going bad, just “normal” maintenance.

So I should probably be happy with 25 years service then. I have the pre filter canister also, but I know I have not changed it often enough. I have a lot of iron in my water.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom